Tuesday, September 29, 2020

 

Tasty Tuesday - Pecan Sandies

I'm BACK!!!
Its tasty Tuesday. 

Recently, my Parents celebrated 50 years of marriage. Awesome, I know!!!!
They had a grand party and it was beautiful and so much fun! And because of Covid-19, we all wore masks, except for pictures.  (In my next post, I will share some pictures.)
Someone asked me for the recipe for one of the sweet treats that were available to eat at the party. It's my moms recipe and otherwise known as Italian Wedding Cookies.
My whole life, they were only baked at Christmas and my 2nd favorite treat. 
They are called...

Pecan Sandie's
1 cup margarine (softened)
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp water
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
(at least) 2 cups powdered sugar

-Cream together sugar and margarine
-Add water & vanilla - mix well
-Add flour & chopped nuts
- Mix until blended
- Chill for 4 hours
- Roll into 2" x 1" logs
- Bake 325 for 20 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Cool 5 minutes
- Roll in powdered sugar
-Place on a cooling rack
Enjoy

(You can roll into balls instead of logs)

They are kind of sweet shortbread with nuts kind of cookie. It's not Christmas until I've had one or two or ten. 
I will try and edit with a picture...someday.

No comments: