Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Root beer Float Cupcakes

We made this for my Sammy's Birthday.
Root beer Float Cupcakes. Sounds weird, but they were good.
They all loved it!

I got the Root beer frosting from a friend's blog.
(Her name is Danielle. She is awesome.)
Cupcakes -
Butter Cake Cake mix
Follow directions on the box and add 1 small box of vanilla instant pudding.
Bake as directed on box.
After cupcakes are cool, get a can of whipped cream. Insert whipping cream into the middle of cupcake.
Be careful not to fill too much, it will explode...okay more like burst out the sides and top.
Make Root beer frosting.

ROOT BEER FROSTING
Ingredients
½ cup of butter, softened
½ teaspoon of root beer concentrate
16 ounces of powdered sugar sifted
¼ cup of milk

DIRECTIONS
1. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add root beer concentrate mix well.

2. Gradually add powdered sugar beating until well blended after each addition and frequently scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl.

3. Add milk, beat until light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Re-whip before using.

To finish cupcakes:
Layer a good amount of frosting on top of cupcake.
Add a little bit more (or a lot) of whipping cream to the top.
And enjoy.
REMEMBER: it is whipped cream so refridgerate!!!!!
(I got the root beer flavoring at my Super Wal-mart.
Danielle said the Winco in Reno has it too.)
(is that better Lisa? hee hee)

5 comments:

The Fishers said...

Katie, my sweet dear, you forgot something... the actually recipe. Root beer is something my pregnant body is loving any time in any form, so I think this would be divine. Please share:)

Katie said...

It is...kinda. click the link on "friends bog"
I didn't have time to type int he whole thing and it would not let me copy paste.

The Fishers said...

thank you. I shall have to give this a try and give you my review!!!

The Petty Family said...

Okay...so I'm not so sure about this recipe (I'm lazy and this has a lot of steps), but I do need to thank you for sending me to your friends blog. Her post above the root beer frosting one was homemade Oreos. I thought they looked good and tried them. I love them...and so do my kids...so thank you. I was talking to my sister and she said my mom is super excited to try the root beer float cupcakes :)

Julie said...

Ooooohhhh Katie!!! I cannot wait to try these! I will let you know when I do it! Fun summertime treat!