Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: MeatRing-Not loaf and Twiced Baked Potatoes

I know, you all probably have your own recipe for this, but I never did. I found this recipe in a book I was reading. Yep. A cute little church romance that I pull out and read every Christmas.
It is called...A Star in Winter by Anita Stansfield.
The recipe is on page 64.
I made this last week and it was so good. I tweaked it a little.
I didn't think to take pictures either....sorry.

Meat Ring - Not loaf
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 oatmeal or cracker crumbs (I did equal parts of both)
1/4 finely chopped onion
1 1/ 2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk - (I didn't add as much...maybe 1/2 cup)
Sauce:
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I added this)
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp mustard.
Mix all together and mold into round pan, leaving a hole in the center (I used a bunt pan, much easier.
Cover with sauce and bake 1 hour at 350.
(I doubled the recipe to use my bunt pan)

The twice baked potatoes is not in the book. I called my Mom for this one.

Twice Baked Potatoes:
6 to 10 medium sized potatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 chopped cooked bacon (crispy)
1/2 cube butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Wash and bake potatoes in oven at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
Cut potatoes in half and scoop out potato leaving the skin as a shell.
Add the 1 1/4 cups of cheese, cour cream, bacon. and butter. Use a hand mixer until smooth.
Scoop back into potato skin shells. Place in to and 13x9 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle left over cheese on top.
Bake 20 minutes.
So good.
Sooooooo very good.
I know it is not on your new years resolution list. But I am sure you can use fat free cheese and sour cream. Let me know if you com up with a low calorie recipe.

1 comment:

T.M. said...

That sounds good! I will have to try it soon!