Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

I know... I missed Yummy Monday.
But I was sick.
October has made our days cooler so we need to make our nights warmer. It time for Crock pot cooking.
Okay, so for today's tasty treat is
Taco Soup
11/2 lbs. browned ground beef - drained
One can kidney beans (or black beans) - rinsed and drained
One can Garbanzo beans - drained
One can corn (with juice)
One can stewed and diced tomatoes (with juice)
One can tomato paste
2 cups water
One clove crushed garlic
tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 diced onion or 1/2 cup dried onions
One packet of dry taco mix
Add all to crock pot. Mix well. Cook 4 hours.
Add cheese, sour cream, and sliced olives on top
Serve
Corn bread on the side makes it even better.

Cooking tip: Don't have enough hamburger? Add one cup cooked rice when you add everything else. It really works.

8 comments:

Kaci said...

I absolutely LOVE Taco Soup. We serve it with fritos also. I like to put them in the bowl and then put the soup on top. You do have to be prepared to eat it right away, or the chips can get soggy! Yummy!!!!

Mary Child said...

The scrapbook pic's are AMAZING (I'm SUUUUUUUUUPERRRRRRRR jealous)!

AND, I'm so gonna try the soup, AND, I'm sorry about the friends list.... It didn't really occur to me to update it! You're there!

Anonymous said...

Yum KAtie! I am definately gonna try this one!

The Fishers said...

Okay. I'm new at this crock pot stuff. Do you cook the hamburger before you put it in or not? Can you put in frozen hamburger?
I know, I know, I should know these things, but I don't... HELP!!!
It looks so yummy and I like the sounds of Tasty Tuesday better then Yummy Monday...

Katie said...

Yes, cookt he hamburger first. It says browned...that is what that usually means.
Don't feel bad. It took me forever to figure that out.
I like Tasty Tuesday too!

Katie said...

Mary -
Thank you for the scrapbook snaps!
I love to scrapbook. And it really is the only thing I am good at.

Amy said...

I tried this tonight. Super Yummy!! I tweaked it a bit opting for pinto beans instead of the garbonzo hoping my kids would be less suspicious of a bean they already knew. I also only added about 1 TBSP of the dehydrated minced onions. Lastly, I topped it off with all the fixings and added corn chips too. Four of my five kids say they'd definately eat it again!Thanks Katie! Do you mind if I linky??

Katie said...

Linky all you want Amy!!!!
So glad you liked it!
Did it pass the picky husband test?