Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Robert Redford

This recipe I got from my mother-in-law shortly after Jeff and I got married.
She told me it is one of Jeff's favorites.
He LOVES this recipe. I don't make it very often, but I did make it for his birthday party.
You might recognize this recipe.
Jeff's Mom told me it is really called...."The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford"
I am assuming that a "few" years ago when Robert Redford was very popular with the ladies, they used his name.
I think we need change it.
But the hottest guy these days...to me anyway.... a Mr. Matthew McConaughey
....well I am sorry... Matt...
This dessert is good, but not that good.
So we will stick with the name Robert Redford. (I have seen him in his day... he was pretty hot.)
Katie's Version of "Robert Redford"
Crust: 1st layer
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 sticks of margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup chopped nuts (i like walnuts, but pecans are good too)
Combine until mixed into a sticky crumble.
Press into 13x9 pan and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
Let completely cool.
2nd layer:
8 oz block of cream cheese softened
1 cup sugar
1 small carton of cool whip
Cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in Cool Whip until smooth again.
Smooth over cooled crust.
3rd layer:
1 large or 2 small boxes of Instant Chocolate pudding
3 cups milk
Mix until smooth. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
Smooth over cream cheese layer.
Add small carton Cool whip over Pudding layer.
Sprinkle top with chocolate shavings or walnuts and serve.
So very yummy.
Not as Yummy as Matthew McConaughey... but pretty close.

4 comments:

Kaci said...

We call that recipe husband's delight! I love it!

tylersgirl said...

it is the best.

Christine Duerksen said...

I make that all the time. I love it. I made it at Thanksgiving and won the dessert contest.

Dodge Family said...

um, yeah- it could be called the NEXT best thing to Matthew. But, I'm sure not better!!! Not that I would know:(