Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tasty Tuesday: Homemade Chicken and Noodles

It is something my mom made and we slurped up.
I tweaked it a little, but it is very good.
It is not a soup, but it is not a stew.
It is kinda both.

Chicken and Noodles
3 Chicken half breast (bone in)
3 flavor packets from Top Ramen Soup
2 tbsp. dried diced onion
3 carrots chopped (what ever you like best)
3 stalks celery chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp pepper
1 lbs. wide egg noodles
In a pot, add chicken.
Cover chicken with water, about and inch and a half over chicken.
Add onion salt and parsley flakes
Boil chicken until chicken is almost cooked.
Add carrots and celery.
Once chicken is cooked through, remove chicken to cool.
Keep water boiling.
Add noddles, season packets and other seasonings.
Cook until noodles are tender.
Tear chicken into pieces and add back into pot.
Stir and remove from heat.
Serve
So perfect for these cold days.
Very good with french bread or rolls.


**I really wish I had a picture. But it was so good we ate it all before I could get a picture.

2 comments:

The Petty Family said...

It sounds yummy Katie, but I'm not sure I could use chicken with the bone in. I'm not a fan of ANY meat on the bone! (Yes...I'm STILL really picky about my meat, actually....I think I've gotten worse) Would it still work with boneless, skinless chicken breasts?

Katie said...

Yes, I am sure it will.
I would just use a can of chicken broth instead of 2 cups of water.
When you cook with the bone, alot of the flavor comes out and you get a broth.
I might try it as well. I don't buy the bone in all the time.
You need to relax.
You used to be so relaxed around me.
We just need to hang out more.
*Hugs*