Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tasty Tuesday: Raspberry Jello Pie

I made this for our post Turkey dinner.
It was sooo good. I didn't follow a recipe, I am sure there is one out there. I just made it up as I went along.

Raspberry Jello Pie

'Nilla Wafer Pie Crust (or you can make your own)
1 small box Raspberry Jello
1 cup water
2 small tubs of Cool Whip

Boil water. In a bowl mix water and jello. Stir 5 minutes. Let set 15 minutes (just on the counter). Fold in 1 small tub of Cool whip. Poor into pie tin.
Place in refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours or until set.
Spread 1 small tub of Cool Whip over top.
Serve.

You can make this a bar dessert, in a 9x13 in pan and just cut squares. You can use any flavor Jello. And even add fruit.

It is so good.
If you look at the picture. The nice red layer at the bottom is just Jello. Some of it settles to the bottom and makes it so pretty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie this looks really yummy! Now I have done something similar w/chocolate pudding in an oreo pie shell! I follow the pie recipe on the box & fold in a container of cool whip, pour it in the shell, let it set, then cover it in somemore cool whip.... then pig out! Thanks for another recipe!

Troop 1309 said...

That looks good!