Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tasty Tuesday: Hot Chocolate

http://www.nesquik.com/parentskitchen/nesquik/

This is not a joke. this is how I make my hot chocolate.
This is how my mom made hot chocolate. and if it was around with my grandma, she probably used it too.

Katie's Hot Chocolate

Serves 8
Half gallon milk (this is optional)
1 1/2 cups Nesquik chocolate milk power mix (I like it chocolate-ty) (this too is optional, can be adjusted to desired chocolate-ty-ness)
Pour milk in large pot on stove.
Mix in chocolate mix. Warm on low until desired temp.

Katie's Suggestions:

Stir with candy cane give a nice minty flavor
Hershey Kisses (milk or dark) or chocolate chips in the bottom of your mug. it melts slowly for more chocolate flavor. Yummy.
Marshmallows - chocolate swirls are the best.
I also use my crock pot to keep it warmer longer.

I know, it isn't much of a recipe, but this is how I make it.
The best part of dippy the buttered toast, is getting the butter into the Hot Chocolate.
So yummy!

2 comments:

T.M. said...

That's funny. I just bought a container of nesquick a few days ago, hersheys syrup, and hot cocoa the other day. I think I am craving hot chocolate. PS I want to be added to your other blog!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have going there. My name is James. I was a friend of your husband a long time ago. He and Leeman both were monumental in getting me baptized and becoming a member of the church. I happened to browsing this forum and came across his name or something which then I did a detailed search. Anyhow pass it along to Jeff, if you would, James has not forgot his old friend Jeff

James Bartlett

Garravesh@hotmail.com