Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken and Rice dish

Okay, I am still feeling like a zombie took over my body.
And I didn't remember that it was Tuesday until just a minute ago.
I just don't feel like myself.

My mom made this dish the first night Jeff came over for dinner.
Our second date.
That date started with my brothers missionary farewell, where I sat in the chapel with Jeff on my left side and my ex-boyfriend Brady on my right. (not planned by the way)
After that I literally raced both guys back to my parents house. I still to this day have no idea why Brady came over after the farewell.
I won the race in my awesome Camero. (I miss that car. It was fun.)
Anyway, after a round of UNO and Brady drilling Jeff with questions like..."are you a returned missionary?"
And then Brady turns to me and says "Katie, you should marry this guy. He's a returned missionary."
After my shock and "whatever" reply... and another round of UNO, Brady left. (I didn't see him until 6 years and 3 boys later.
I got to spend the rest of the evening with Jeff and my family, which they all loved him.
Everyone was shocked when he just took out the trash...no one asked him too. He just did it.
I knew then he was a keeper.

So the dish is way simple and only takes 2 containers and a whisk.

Chicken and Rice - Preheat oven to 375
4 chicken breast frozen
1 cup dry rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Chicken gumbo - (recommend Campbell's brand for both soups)
1 can of water

In a bowl, mix all ingredients together with whisk.
In 9x13 casserole dish place frozen chicken breast.
Poor mixture in bowl over frozen chicken.
Salt and pepper and cover with foil.
Bake for one hour.
Let sit covered with foil for 30 minutes.
Enjoy.

I like to make this in the winter time. It helps warm up the kitchen.

1 comment:

Troop 1309 said...

What a great story! Your recipe sounds yummy!