Friday, July 23, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Ice Cream Sandwich Tower Cake

I feel bad I haven't done a recipe in a while.
I know I made something the other day was soooooo good, but I forgot. It was a few weeks ago, so I know that idea is gone for good.
But this was Nathan's Birthday and I didn't make a cake. It was payday and shopping for stuff and bill time all at the same time, I ran out of time to bake his birthday cake.
So during Nathan's birthday sleepover I pulled out the box of ice cream sandwiches and..... Ding! (that is the sound of a light bulb moment)
It took less than 5 minutes to make and clean up.
Best part is that Nathan loved it.
I still owe him a real cake.


Ice Cream Sandwich Tower Cake
10 ice cream sandwiches or more (optional)
1 plate
handful of imagination
Well, if the pictures don't show you how to put it together, than maybe you need to practice with some wood blocks. lol
We used the Wal-Mart brand "birthday cake" ice cream sandwiches. You can use more or less and the flavor is optional. Any favor will work.

1 comment:

Farley Smiles said...

I think that's a great idea, I might have to use that sometime.