Friday, December 3, 2010

Bahh, merry humbug

So I am in the mood for Christmas and then..... I really am not.
It has been a crazy few weeks.
Jeff got back from his trip with his dad and he worked 3 days of overtime on his last week of vacation, yes, I guess I am a mean wife and I made my husband work over time to cover the furloughs and to have a little left over for Christmas. I will be danged if my kids have to suffer and not have a nice, decent Christmas, just because Daddy went to help Grandpa and stupid whats-his-face Arnold and the stupid furloughs.
I am evil, lets move on.
Well, on Jeff's last day of vacation he came down with a raging fever and chills and he slept most of the day, I myself was sick too, his leg on his right shin began looking red and splotchy and his leg swelled up and was very hot and tender to the touch He went to the doctors on Monday.
Cellulitis.
It seems while he was working over time (to pay our bills), Jeff was working in a very infected, germ infested part of his work, I should tell you that, there was was a few other employees that were hospitalized. We got lucky. I give credit to the blessing he had.
His dad and my dad came over and gave him a priesthood blessing.
In the end, with vacation and being sick, except for the 3 days he worked over time, he didn't work his normal shift the whole month of November. He was on 3 different kinds of antibiotics and watched a lot of TV.
On top of all of this, I was sick too, 3 of our kids got sick too. and My 2 oldest boys had to work most of their Thanksgiving break just helping out.
Bonus, I got to read 4 books and we saved $80 on gas.
Then just as Jeff is getting better, I fracture my toe.
I dropped a ceramic serving patter on my toe. I have never seen a toe so purple, front and back. (I have pictures, I will post it later)
I did host a Turkey dinner with the Bigney Family. Then I made my Oreo Cookie Pie and homemade rolls for my mom's house on Thursday.
(I will post recipes soon)
I got up EARLY on Turkey day to get some Christmas presents and stayed up until 4 am on Thursday night/Friday morning. and up again early Saturday morning.
Our craft fair didn't go as well as planned, but thanks to my sister Sarah and her co-workers we are selling some stuff.
I need to figure out how to sell the rest of these hair pretties. It would take too long to take pictures and upload them on to here, I don't have that kind of time.
I don't even know why or how I am here blogging.
I have a MOUNTAIN of laundry to fold and put away (that's what happens when you are sick), then I have to do the dishes, which I never really got a break on, and then there is the whole house. I was able to get the Christmas decorations up, but not.
I have to take all the stuff off the tree and rehang the lights.... the boys did it crazy and it is driving me crazy.
I have all the Christmas presents decided and on a list, but now getting it shopped and funded????????? lol
So I hope your Christmas season starts off better than mine....
I am tired, stressed, in pain and busy, but merry.

1 comment:

The Fishers said...

I have mounds of laundry that needs to be washed, folded and put away too... and I haven't been sick.