Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Lights

If you knew how many times we have had lights on this tree you would laugh...
okay, here it goes...
TWICE
The first time the boys put them on. And yes, It was a great effort, you could see who did it at each height.
The second time, my husband tried and failed. We had both females ends to the lights at the top and bottom of the tree. (we are still not sure how that happened)
So as I sit here in my living room, smelling my pot roast in the crock pot, listening to the boys watch "the Santa Clause" and Emma selfishly guide Mikey through the house all the while bossing him around, (yes, i am in for a treat with her), I am avoiding the unavoidable.
Jeff refuses to put the lights on the tree...again.
I have never in all of our 16 Christmases together, ever put the lights on the tree.
Jeff is sooo good at it, and I HATE doing it.
This year I have to do it.
I have to put these lights on the tree.
UGH....
I have already decided the day after Christmas I am going to get up early and go and by a Pre-lit Christmas tree.
You bet your holly jolly, I will be there when the doors open.
I am not sure what we will do with all of our lights we already have....
Anyone wanna guess how long it will take me?
Anyone wanna guess how long it will take me to get motivated to actually put the lights ont he tree?
Do we really need lights on the tree?
yes, we do.
*deep deep sigh*
I don't wanna do it.
I have soooooo many other things to do. I have cleaned the kitchen and bathroom and I don't know where this weird smell is coming from.
My house stinks!
Yes, I live in a house with boys, but something smells and dang I will have to re-scrub everything.
Okay, still avoiding the tree....
Okay, off i go...
wish me luck.
Hopefully I wont fall off the ladder.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Okay, so did you do it? I think it took 20 minutes, 'cuz you're amazing like that!

Lively's said...

I too hated the lighting of the tree the most! Last year I went out and bought a pre-lit 8 foot tree and I have to say, it was the best thing I ever did! I was so anti-fake tree, but it is great! It looks wonderful and my sentsy fake tree smell makes it smell great too! Good luck with the lights! But I agree, you can't have Christmas without lights on your tree!