Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Meatballs (from Scratch)

They are really meatloaf balls, it sounds weird.
I was trying to figure out a way to cook meatloaf with out it taking so long.
So I thought, smaller cooks faster.




MeatLoaf Balls

2 lbs of ground hamburger 80/20
1/4 onion; finely chopped
1 or 2 cloves of garlic; minced
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup panko crumbs
1/4 ketchup
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients well.
Use a Large cookie/cupcake scoop or use a 1/4 to 1/3 cup measuring cup.
Mold into ball. Place in a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Cover with desired sauce.
cook 400 for 45 minutes.
You can make smaller balls, just lower the bake time.

I made a mushroom sauce to go over the meat balls.
But I am gonna try spahgetti sauce next.

Mushroom Sauce
2 can Cream of mushroom soup
(Next time I am adding) 1 cup sliced mushroom
2 tbsp dried onion soup mix
2 cup beef broth
2 cups hot water
(next time adding)1 package dry gravy mix on
mix well
cook on stove until boils
mix well and pour over meatballs.

this can be served with oven rice, wide egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.

by the way, I am never buying frozen meatballs again.

2 comments:

The Petty Family said...

So...does that mean I have to TOUCH the raw ground beef?!? Your kids should feel blessed to have a mom who cooks them such great food!!

Katie said...

you made me laugh Elizabeth.
You can get latex gloves you know.
Ask caleb, some things he wishes I did not make.