Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Katie's Potato Salad

I just made this for Memorial Day.
We BBQ'd with the in-laws and had a fabulous time.
I am sure every one's Potato Salad is not much different.
I just wanna get this down somewhere.

Katie's Potato Salad

5 lbs yellow Yukon Gold potatoes: boiled, skin on
3/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1 large dill pickle; diced
4 green onions, sliced
6 to 7 hard boiled eggs diced
4 tbsp. mustard
1 1/2 tsp onion salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
dash on garlic salt

Peel potatoes and cut into bite size pieces.
Add to large bowl.
Cut pickle, onion and egg. Mix up and set aside.
In smaller bowl , mix, Mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, mustard, onion salt, garlic salt, and salt and pepper.
Add to potato mix and mix very well.
Enjoy.

I like the this best.
My mom make a great potato salad with more Miracle Whip and sweet pickle relish and NO ONIONS.
My Mother in Law uses NO Miracle Whip, but must have onions and dill pickles.
I liked them both and have made my own recipe from both.
For me, I love to eat this room temp and as a side to anything from the BBQ grill.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

mine is similar but i do not use miracle - which i will try this week - and i use dill rather than sweet - and i usually do not have green onion but i love green onions so that I will try too thanks for posting it