Friday, July 22, 2011

Can you believe it!?

**Edited***
No, It is not a joke.
I am posting again.
I am not sure I should share this.....
ah, who am I kidding. I am and I will.
Okay, so a few weeks ago, we got a letter.
It was telling us another letter would be coming and it would cause a rift in a relationship. Ruin it forever.
Well, I decided then and there I would just not read it.
We would "return to sender".
Whatever was in that letter wasn't going to change anything. (we did however, write a letter in response)
I spent the next 14 or so days wallowing in self pity.
No, it was really bad. I mean "thoughts of taking too much Tylenol" kind of bad.
I couldn't and wouldn't ever. No worries.
The faces of my children suffering from my decision to end my life alone whipped me back into shape.
I didn't want to leave the house, I didn't want to go to church, I didn't want to pray or read my scriptures..... I just didn't want to do anything except watch my NETFLIX obsession....McLeods Daughters. (230ish episodes of the Australian life on a Station...my dream, my heaven)
Then the letter that was "return to sender" returned to me.
As my phone died while talking to my mother, I decided to write an email to this letter writer and tell her what for. ....then..... I decided to read it.
Yes, i did. and do you know what......?
It made me soooooo MAD!!!!!!!
I am the kind of girl who says, "oh really, girls cant do .....(fill in the blank)"
I decided then and there I was not the person the letter writer thinks I am.
I am a good person...no great person!!!!
and Poo on them for thinkin' that way.
The friendship/relationship I spent years developing and trying to take care of was just slapped back in my face.
No, I am not perfect.
I have never even thought that I was perfect.
Oh well, I feel better than I have in a long time. All the doubt I was feeling is gone. I have new hope on the horizon.
I can't explain any more than that.
3 things you should know about me.....
1. I try to always think the best of people.
2. I would never make anyone feel bad about them selves no matter what.
3. Even if I did feel strongly of something about anyone, I would NEVER EVER tell them. (see 1 and 2)
So...how"s life for you guys.
I lost my glasses. and have spring cleaned my entire house looking for them.
think good thoughts.
***Edited***
I had to edit to explain something. I hope that helped. If not read the comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just don't get it Katie. How could a letter destroy a relationship and why did the children even know about this ridiculous drama?

Katie said...

I am going to edit it an explain more.
I was just saying the thought of my childrens faces after i decided to end my life was enough of an image to stop me from think that low.
they still dont know, who wrote and and what it is all about. I am not that dumb.