Thursday, August 11, 2011

First

Today is the first day of school.
I miss them.....a little.
It nice to have the quiet.
Kinda.
I like the noise.
Pardon me, I had to stop blogging and change a smelly diaper.
I still have noise.
As of this very moment, I have a screaming almost 2 year old on my floor. He didn't want me to put a new diaper on him. (I hope this means easy potty training when it comes time) as for now, I know it means he really just wants to be naked.
Today, I am watching a darling little girl named Katie. True story.
She is playing with Emma. And it is fabulous.
They love to color and play playdoh, and play with my hair.
I love it.
And Emma gets the interaction with other people besides her brothers and boys cousins. That's right she gets girl time. Which she will need when she does start school.
I haven't decided if it is gonna be this year or skip preschool all together. Sammy did and he is doing great in school. As great as a little boy can be.
yep, Mikey is still screaming.
I tried, offering Pretzel fishes, I tried Momma loves, and I tried shoes (his all time favorite) I think he misses the boys.
We decided last week to go back to Susanville for a mini vacation and visit our good friends up there. We had a blast.
And yesterday we had a last minute mini-mini day trip to Dillon's beach. We didn't get there until almost lunch time and left at 4pm.
Mikey update - Finally, he stopped screaming. (Emma even told him to stop, i guess she couldn't take it anymore.) He got a drink and went outside. Only to come back in after 5 minutes, squealing about a smashed fruit snack on his foot. I guess it was an emergency. Soooo loud this child.
Yes, he is the baby and a tad bit spoiled....okay, a lot spoiled. But it is not just me that does all the spoiling. He has 6 other people who give him what he wants all the time!!!! okay so really only 5, Emma doesn't like sharing.
Back to the beach trip. The boys didn't mind going for such a short day trip. They had lots of fun.
As soon as we got home and I cut our Little Caesars Pizza into smaller portions, changed my beach clothes and scarfed down a few pieces, I left with Caleb and Nathan, to buy new school shoes. I love Ross. I got 4 pairs of school shoes for $97. I originally bought 4 new backpacks at Costco, but when I found out the boys didn't need new backpacks, I had Jeff take them back, and I got new shoes instead.
I haven't even touched the school supply list. and I missed the sophomore orientation meeting, and 8th grade meeting. So my boys will be at school supply-less. I did make them lunch.
I have goals while the boys are at school.
catch up on my soaps, eat bon bons, Get in a nap....nah, i am kidding. I have so much organizing to do.... no really, my husband just told me so.
First a quick cleaning....who am I kidding.... quick.
1 house, 4 bedrooms, living room, family room, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and 6 kids.....I wonder if I will get to blog again.
no worries, I will.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We got Carrie's wedding invitation. You worked so hard on them...they're beautiful...a labor of love.
You sound just like me 25 years ago (25 years!!!)a 2 year old boy at home with the kids all gone back to school. I loved summer vacation when they were home. The boys did drive me nuts (and the girls sometimes), but they were home and they were a lot of fun. (It's easy to say 25 years later :)) You're doing great, Katie, keep being the good mom and sister and daughter and wife and friend, etc. that you are. I survived 6 kids without too many scars and they seemed to have successfully survived me. :)
Love,
Bonnie