Thursday, December 15, 2011

Merry Humbug!

Yes, I said Humbug.

It is just the way I feel.
My house is a mess, I have ten thousand loads of laundry.
My tree isn't decorated.
Heck, it isn't even have lights on it.
I guess I finally understand why growing up my mom got so cranky before Christmas. (if I posted a post like this last year, I apologize, I don't have time to time this blog let alone check past posts)
As we speak, I have yet to do my traditional teacher gift, with home made white chocolate dips pretzels and snowman marshmallow candy, with other blue and silver candies to go with my blue and silver snowflake gift bags or boxes, including a snowflake ornament.
Yes, I do blue and white and snow. Why?
Well, one of these Christmas seasons, my kids will end up with a teacher who doesn't believe in Christmas or is Jewish, so I started playing it safe with blue and snowman stuff. More of a seasons greetings.
Honestly, I can;t believe I am here typing, it is 8:57pm and my boys are playing outside, I have hair pretties to make, teacher gifts (thank goodness for High school and Jr. High, on 2 teachers this year) I also have to make Lemon Squares for my Nathan to take to a pot luck for tomorrow. I just finished eating...sort of my dinner. Thank goodness for the goobers who were home when the pot roast went off on the timer,t they never took it out of the oven...but they did turn off the oven.
Even bribing my kids with money for "babysitting" each other whilst I shop for Christmas cheer, gets them to help me out around here!
That's right.
Christmas Cheer.
That is what all this work and time and effort are for.
That good old, dumb magical Christmas Cheer that isn't even appreciated until they are grown up with obnoxious, ungrateful teenagers of their very own.
I here by shout to the world.
" MOM,I AM SO SORRY I WAS AND UNGRATEFUL OBNOXIOUS TEENAGER"
I do know deep.....deeep.....deeep down, they are grateful.
And I do know in the very end, which is 5 minutes after the presents are opened, it is allllll worth it.
Kinda.
I am grateful that the stress of purchasing gifts this year was not there at all. Getting the right thing was.
I am soooo grateful for my husband who worked extra over time to pay for the Christmas....(all CASH!).
Thanks babe.

Wow, I did it, I actually posted. I....hope I can post a picture of our Tree and the kids soon.
Who am I kidding.....I will be lucky, if I make it over here until next year.

No comments: