Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Adventure

Wow, that day flew by.
We had an awesome adventure.

So late Wednesday night we were all prepared for our sweet and small Thanksgiving with all the trimmings.Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, home made rolls, the works.
Whilst I was making my homemade pies, my mom called my cell phone.

My mom practically sings she is so excited,"Hey, dad and I were thinking... why don't you load up the boys and Emma in the van and drive down here for thanksgiving?"
"Um...." of course I was thinking 'heck yeah, I am so there'... then I had to think about Jeff.
My dad in the background says "don't pressure them"
Now if Dad is standing by the phone they must really want us to come.
"Let me ask Jeff and I will call you right back" I said while dancing with excitement.
Jeff was on the house phone.
He had just seen the doctor and with his request, Jeff had to take it easy until Friday. So no work on thanksgiving.
We could go. yay!!!
Back story: Jeff pulled a muscle in his side and couldn't lift a thing. Wimp! tee hee just kidding!

Okay, back to my Thanksgiving Eve dilemma.... what do i do?
I had to wait for Jeff to finish talking with his parents on the phone. Jeff was just telling them that he needed to take it easy and he was just gonna lay around all day anyway, so it was just as well that they couldn't come up to see us on thanksgiving.

AS SOON AS he was done, and 45 minutes later...I asked him.
He said "okay let's go, why not!"

We were packed, loaded and were on the road with in 2o minutes.
We hit Sacramento by 12:30 am
I love doing that and I love that my kids are so easy to do that with too. They just go with the flow. Well, the fact we would be seeing the best Grandma ever did help.

Oooh man, we had the best time in Sacramento.
We had the Turkey and all the trimmings, plus I got to see almost all my family.
It was a nice dinner with my parents, my boys, Emma, Jeff and I and my Grandpa Astle and he wife.Small but nice.
I got a couple of pictures, but ended up leaving my camera there. (I will post the pictures later.)
Some of my siblings came later for moms "best ever made" pies.
We had to leave to come home that night.
It was a sort but wonderful trip.
One the boys and I will remember for a very long time.

So this Thanksgiving I am thankful the most wonderful husband any girl would love to have.
He is so willing to just go with me on all these adventures.
He is the bravest of them all.
And I love him.

No comments: