Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Turkey Day is fast approching, are you ready?

Well, I am not ready.
I was so excited, I made plans and bought a lot of food for relatives that would be joining us and then....
they got sick, and/or they couldn't get the time off.
So, now I have all this turkey to cook and only our little family to feed.
But... I must say there are up sides and down sides to both.

Upside -
  1. No power cleaning. I don't have to work my brains out cleaning my house and keeping it clean the whole day. I can enjoy the day and eat slow and wait for no one.
  2. Caleb gets most of the pumpkin pie. He loves it, it is so cute.
  3. Not having to share the leftovers.
Down side -

  1. Jeff has to work most of the day.
  2. I got my Thanksgiving decorations for nothing.
  3. It is kinda lonley. I love my kids and my wonderful and awesome Hubby, but I was hoping to have people over.
  4. Nothin' fancy - The boys are picky and they don't care if we have or green bean casserole, celery and cheese or leftovers. They don't care if the plates are fancy or paper.
  5. No one to enjoy and oooh and ahh over my fabulous Lemon pie.
  6. No one to really giggle over the Thanksgiving outfit i got for Emma to wear.

Okay, okay... so there are more downsides then up.

Oh well, maybe next year, right?

I must be off to get more food, or do we really need mashed potatoes?

1 comment:

Troop 1309 said...

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!