Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Craft... thank you Martha Stewart

i was watching Martha Stewart the other day and she was making bath mitts for kids out of towels.
wow i thought, i don't need to make them that fancy.
so i simplified her idea a little, except i added ribbon.
i also made a "bathroom bag" for the boys to put all their personal stuff in when we travel to grandma susi's house. it was 'sew' easy and I added a fuzzy monogram letter for each person (except the girls).
For all 7 bags and 7 mitts for them it cost me $6.
I used some ribbon I had on hand and some old towels. I had to buy the fuzzy letters and the cord used for the tie.

I love it.

Then I had to get something for the boys to put thier Gameboy SP's in. I couldn't buy a case anywhere even if I wanted to. Not even online!!!! (well for what I would have paid for them anyway)

I took the idea and made bags for the Gameboys and GB games they will get from Santa.
All out of an never really used fleece blanket.


I made 7 total. 5 for my family, jeff and the boys, and 2 for my nephews who have/had birthdays this month.

All the gameboy bags cost me $6 too. I had to buy the cord and fuzzy letters.
So for all 14 bags it cost me $12... SAAAWWEET!!!!

I am so excited.

I love having a homemade gift every year.










1 comment:

Troop 1309 said...

How cute!!!

Have a Merry Christmas. Call me so we can scrapbook when you get home!