Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day...? Whatever.

As for me a good day is just not in store.
I am not expecting it to turn out good.
I guess I should say just being home with my kids is enough, but I have 4 boys and they are awful.
Jeff has too work today. We decided that we would do Mother's Day dinner on friday night, in case Jeff was held for overtime.
It was delicious. Jeff did a great job.
He even made dessert!!!!
I picked a few things at the dollar spot at Target and some stuff at Big Lots that the boys could choose from to give to me as a gift. It was so cute. I gave them scraps to use to make some cards.
I almost cried.
Yesterday after work I got to go scrapbooking for a while at crop.
It was fun.

Today, well today I knew was gonna be just a regualr day with a little extra work. I need to pack for a family vacation.
But it started very early, 6am. Thank you Emma.
After a half a yogurt for breakfast and a teething screaming baby.
I got to sit and do nothin.
Becasue if I dared to put little miss princess down, the screaming began. It was too early in the morning to have to hear that.
Did I mention I have to pack us all for our family vaction we leave for tomorrow?
I got a mini nap, with one eye open as I asked the boys to watch Emma.
Wash laundry.
Lunch consisted of a PB&J sandwich and a diet caff free pepsi plus a few Cheetos puffs on the side.
And as a specail gift, I get to fold a huge mountain of laundry with four fighting and very bored boys.
And then pack it.

Thank fully emma is asleep, but by the way things are going, she won't stay down for long.

Hopefully... as I am holding the tears back... Jeff will be home for dinner, since I am packing I don't want to make dinner so we will probably have soup and sandwiches.
And more packing.

I wonder if Jeff even got me a card. I got nothin else.
I guess I should be grateful he cooked and cleaned up after himself the other night, right?
Oh well. I am going to the beach with my inlaws for a few days, where I will be constantly cleaning and cooking. that should be fun. There's my mothers day gift.
(really it will be fun with the inlaws, i just wish we didn't have to take the kids)

I hope all of your Mothers day's are really nice.

Please don't get me wrong, I love being a Mom.
And I love my kids, and I know they love me, today I just wish they would love me from maybe the other room.
Happy mothers day!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

hunnie i understand you have a house full of stinky boys ( not saying yours are stinky just all boys are stinky) and little miss princess is too little to scrap with you so it is hard to have girly time - one day one day it will get better i swear