Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas is almost here!

Today, I almost lost my mind with the boys home all day.
I didn't not attempt to go anywhere... I was trying to stay awake.
Soooooooo tired.

Today, I made boys do chores, and watch Christmas shows on TV.
Then I made 3 kinds of Cookie dough.
Messed up and doubled an already doubled recipe.... extra chocolate cookies.
I also made dinner.
My sweet baby was very fussy. He got shots on Friday
he is a Hefty 16.2 lb... 95% in height... weight and head size.
He has been cranky and then even more cranky.
So tired..... but.....
I need to clean my room, wrap presents, call my mother in law, buy a few more groceries,
make everyone clean their room, and bake cookies.
then have Christmas.
after Christmas it is cleaning and packing up this place.
We move on Monday December 28th.
No of us is super excited.... I mean, my family out here in Rancho Cordova... I am excited to have my own place again. Everyone else is sad it is so far.
"Susanville is farther"... I gently remind them.
Looking forward to the next 3 days. Jeff has off Wednesday and Thursday but works 4am on Christmas day. He will miss the opening of presents.
I am grateful we will be here, if only to have someone other than Mom to watch them open presents.
It will be okay. He will be home at 12:30... we will get to see him part of the day. Small price to pay for getting to move back home. One Christmas out of many to come.

Sometime, some how, and somewhere in the middle of all this I will get some sleep.
Stop laughing....I said someday.

1 comment:

T.M. said...

I feel sorry for Jeff to miss out on the present opening. Can't you open the presents the night before so Jeff can watch the kids open them? Or Send an imediate letter to Santa to have him come tomorrow morning instead and have Christmas on Christmas Eve?