Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas

This Christmas we are doing something new for gifts.
Every year we spend too much and every year they get things they don't play with and every year it is a pain.
So this year, after a friend asked for some help on Facebook on what to get her kids for Christmas, one of her friends suggested this.
I loved the idea and asked Jeff. Of course he agreed.
So they get........

Something they want
Something they need
something they wear
Something the read.

That is right.... 4 gifts.
That is it.
It makes shopping easier and cheaper.
I am keeping the tradition of Christmas Eve pajama's and the stockings, but I only have to get get 4 things per child.
And I am almost done.
I have to get something to "Read" for Matthew - Percy Jackson
I have to get something to "Read" for Caleb and Sammy - not sure yet, any suggestions on books for an early reader and a 2nd grade level?
Emma needs her "Want" thing - a baby with bed that she can carry around.
And all the boys "wants" which changes every day.
Micahel is done. Well I have to get some tylenol and teething tablets and binki's and maybe a teething ring for his stocking. He will be 3 months old by then, he won't even care.
But I did get him a bed set for his crib.
I am also getting the family a big gift.
A Wii.
"Wii" are so excited. Tee hee, I had to do it. Cause we are really excited.
Everyone in the free world has a Wii and we don't! well, to the boys it seems that way.

As for other news....
We got our Verizon bill.
Matthew accrued a hefty bill not knowing every time he played a game on his phone it costs money. I need to call Verizon and see if they can help me.

Still no luck on a house. We fund 2 that would work. Kinda gross, but it would work. We prayed about t and it isn't right.
We are looking some more.
Life is good.

3 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

I think you can't go wrong with Magic Treehouse, Kolby is in second now and really enjoys them and the other two did at that age too.

Kaci said...

We are getting a Wii too!!! My kids think they are the only family still in the dark ages.

Bonnie P. said...

Hey Katie, we are selling our house in the spring (maybe). It has a pool, 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. Can you wait that long?
Call me...
Bonnie P.