Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Home

We are home. and this place feels like home.
It hasn't felt like home in....years.
I am so happy we found this place. there must be a reason to have found it.

So the first day of moving was interesting. I still hadn't packed up all the stuff at my Mom's house, but since it was Jeff's day off we had to move out of the storage unit that day.
We dropped off the deposit and got the keys at noon, we had the whole storage unit emptied and in this new place by 9pm. thanks mostly to Jeff and my brother Shane for loaning us his truck and trailer. Plus the help of Jeff's brother, Jeff's parents, my dad, my boys, my nephews Jacob and Coleman, and our good friends, Santiago and his son. Thanks guys. Mom watched Emma.
Of course Because I wasn't there most of the time, just one load, (i had Michael) not one single box was put int he right room, all of it was shoved in the garage.
Day 2 of moving we woke up late and finished packing my mom's house. We did good and were out by 1pm.
That only took one trip.
Then the chaos began.
We lived on paper plates and plastic wear for a week. I found my flatware under a few boxes in the middle of the garage on the very bottom. I wish my camera wasn't lost or broken, I would have taken pictures.
The boys have adjusted very well to the house (thanks to the Wii) and Emma just loves her room.
I am getting things on the wall and I am dying to get my curtains up, but Jeff can't remember if he took down all the parts to my curtains from the old house and if he did take them down he doesn't have a clue where they are at.
We have a bigger house to live in but less storage.
The cabinets are less and smaller. The garage is NOT organized and a huge mess.
I still have a million (okay not really) boxes to put away or find places for.
I really love this house. if it had more cabinets I would want to buy it.
The Elementary school is right in front of us. We have a small little play ground for the kids to play with right across the street.
We have a decent size back yard and a nice quiet neighborhood.
A Super Walmart is 5 minutes away and so is my favorite grocery store...Winco.
My sister is 10 minutes away and my other sister is 15 minutes away. My mom is 25 minutes away. (10 from her work)
Life is good.
Emma and baby is screaming, Matthew needs to be picked up from Jr High now and the kids will be home from school soon, except Sammy, not enough room for him in 1st grade here so he gets bussed to a different school (until a spot become available at the school we live 100 yards from)...so I have to finish this blog post later.
Supermom to the rescue.....

3 comments:

Nancy H. said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you that you are getting settled into your own space. It sure makes you feel better doesn't it? Oh, and thanks for the texts with your phone numbers. Now if only you could get a new computer huh? Hang in there Katie! Miss ya!

The Petty Family said...

Supermom is right :)
Good luck with finding everything! And way to go with getting things up on the wall...it took me almost a year before I put stuff on walls!

Danielle said...

how is sammy doing without all his brothers? i am sure you were not happy with him having to go to another school that just stinks hopefully someone moves soon so you can get in.