Friday, May 28, 2010

Flashback Friday - First family Picture

I should post this on my other family blog (and I might anyway), but i just realized this
was our first family picture.


This was Easter 1996.
Matthew was just a few months old.
A new Dad.
A new Mom.
A new little family.
And oh man, were we new at this stuff.
I mean we were still getting used to being married to each other.
I wouldn't trade that time for anything.
Matthew was such a sweet baby.
He can be sweet now. It comes and goes. He is a teenager.
Whoa, I am a mom of a teenager. (It hits me hard sometimes)
Yes, yes, he was a teenager a year ago too, yes, but he is finally acting like one.
Would I trade this time? yes.
And no, there are so many things he needs to know and I know how to talk to him and explain it.
He is our first teenager and our trial teenager too.
Sounds terrible I know, but we have MANY years of this to deal with teenagers and I need to know what I am doing.
I have 5 missionaries I have to raise.
Yes, Emma could go on a mission too, but let's face it, she is a knock out now, when she is of age to go on a mission, I think she will be snatched up by a return missionary instead.
Being a mother is the hardest thing to do but easiest thing to give my heart too.
Excuse me, I have to go chase down 3 boys to clean their rooms and get ready for guests tomorrow.
Goobers.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

can i just say and you know i am saying this in a nice way - Dang look how Mormon you look there - LOL