Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Carrot Cake

*Edited*

Okay, It took a few days longer then I wanted, but I can finally get this recipe down.

This is a recipe from a book my wonderful mother-in-law gave me for a wedding present. I have used it several times. (both the recipe and book)
The Cream Cheese Frosting is a recipe form a friend from Susanville. Dana Draves. (AWESOME lady) She used it for her Homemade Oreo Cookies.

Jeff asked me to make this for the other officers he works with and I decided it would be easier for him to take cup cakes and a bowl of frosting to frost the cakes them selves.
I ran out of cup cake papers for my cupcake tin, but this recipe probable makes 36 cupcakes if not more.
I made 24 mini cupcakes, 12 cupcakes, a small 8x8 pan of cake mix, and 3 heart shapes mini cakes.
This is the moistest carrot cake I have ever eaten.
Just thinking about this makes my mouth water. I wish I had some of the stuff for this recipe, I would make it right now, and take a picture of it for this blog.

Carrot Cake

Mix together:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
*set aside

Cream together:
2 cups sugar
1 cup cooking oil
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped nuts (recipe calls for only 1/2 a cup, but I like more)
1 small can crushed pineapple (8 1/2 oz.)

Combine dry ingredients with creamed ingredients and Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes in a 9x13 pan.
Ice with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting:

1 8 oz bar cream cheese; softened
1 cube butter: soften
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon( I added that)

Cream together and frost cooled cake or cupcakes
Enjoy...I know I will.

2 comments:

The Petty Family said...

Go Katie, GO! I have about 5 posts I've started and not finished...*sigh*...I'm stuck in a blogging rut. I'm looking forward to the cake recipe :)

Katie said...

it is sooo good and soooo moist.
From scratch, not a box!!!!!