Monday, November 1, 2010

Long Time Gone

It has been a long time since I have posted.
Sorry, it has been a crazy few weeks.
I am still doing a craft fair with my awesome Aunt Kathie.
Ribbons and hair clips.
Very excited. I hope we sell them all.
I had my birthday.
Which was more than fabulous!
It started on Tuesday, Jeff let me go out with my Aunt Kathie and we had lunch and shopped.
And then Wednesday on my birthday, I got to sleep in. I got breakfast in bed. All my favorites too. I got to hang out with Jeff. (I insisted on doing the dishes, I can't believe I actually like to do the dishes now)
My mother-in-law came over to hang out. (My father-in-law is North Carolina fixing up a house they rent out).
She brought THE MOST FABULOUS CARMEL I have ever eaten.
What a treat!
Then my sister Carrie comes over to highlight my hair. (so bummed, we didn't have time for the Pink I wanted.
My mom came and picked me up for shopping and lunch.
Back home and Jeff dinner ready....pizza, my favorite, and then off to the movies with my mom and some gal pals.
Halloween Carnival at the church on Friday was the best I have ever been too.
LOVED IT! Kids had fun.
The day getting ready for it was CRAZY!
Saturday night was a trunk or treat at my mom's church building and it almost made me insane. I lost half of my kids in the first 15 minutes. I hate doing that stuff with out Jeff.
Be grateful your husbands have a 9 to 5 job ladies, mine works 2 to 10pm. (except for my fellow Correctional Officer Wives, I know you totally get it)
We went to my Mom's for a fun open house.
My mom decorates beyond normal. It is awesome. (see previous October Posts for pictures)
Sunday we had a blast. I woke up with a breast engorged...I know TMI, but I think it is infected....Then flu like symptoms. I feel fine today.
It was awful trying to get Jeff ready to go, feeling worst than sick, and getting ready for Halloween.
We carved our pumpkins and we decorated the front of the house with spider webs and bat lights. A light up skeleton too. The boys had fun with Jeff. I was mostly on the couch feeling awful.
As soon as we got home Saturday night I took the kids candy away. I went through it all and picked the stuff I know they won't eat and will be tried and thrown on the floor.
I set it aside for our Trick or Treaters.
I made 66 bags, each bag had a penny candy (tootsie roll-like) and a small candy bar or bubbles and a spider ring.
Then I opened a box of Halloween shaped pretzels (40 individual packs... 2 left and 2 eaten) plus some of our candy...we had about 110 trick or treaters.
I didn't take the boys because it was Sunday. I don't let them swim or play with friends on Sunday, so they knew trick or treating was not happening.
They didn't even complain.
They had so much fun passing out the candy.
I say, every 6 years or so, isn't gonna kill them to miss out on trick or treating.
It was a good day until Jeff had to leave. His mom took him to the airport where he will be gone in North Carolina helping his dad with the house.
I had to call for help. feeling as sick as I was, the boys being bad, my sister Carrie came to the rescue and helped get them to bed.
I feel much better today, except for the boob pain.
I let Matthew stay home in case I felt terrible. I guess he didn't need too.
I need to get back to work making those flower clips.
We will be at Rosemont High school for a craft fair on November 13th. Come and see our stuff...and buy some too. It is for a good cause..... the Bigney family Christmas Fund. lol

No comments: