Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Mini Cinnamon Ginger Sandwich Cookies

Just in time for the Holidays.
I got this from a magazine called LDS Living. (I forget what issue.)
But they are soooo good.

Cinnamon Ginger Cookies
1 cup
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp light corn syrup
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 cup quick oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 ground cloves

Cream butter and sugar.
Add corn syrup and eggs.
Mix well.
Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix well.
Roll into teaspoon size balls.
Bake at 350 for 6 minutes or edges are brown.
Remove cookies from oven and use glass dipped in sugar and flatten cookies.
(spray bottom of glass with cooking spray and then dip in bowl of sugar.)
Let cookies cool one minute and then remove to a cooling rack.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/4 cup butter
8oz cream cheese
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Mix well and layer one cookie with desired frosting, top off with another cookie. They freeze well too! Enjoy. Trust me the smell in your kitchen alone when baking them is worth it.

1 comment:

ash and jay said...

yum!! Why didn't you tell me about your blog sooner! Its gunna take me forever to catch up.....I love that you have a ton of recipes. I need good, yummy recipes!