Friday, August 19, 2011

Failed

I have failed as a mother and a scrapbooker!!!!!
I forgot to take the first day of school pictures!!!!
No, do not argue with me and disagree.
I know better.
I have been taking them the first day of school for 10 years.
10 years!!!!!!!!
I will try and post some of the handsome boys that live here as soon as they come home from school clean...okay, so almost as clean as when they left, which isn't saying much, because half the time I have to make them change their clothes, because "they have nothing to wear"and put on dirty smelly clothes that they wore the day before!
We put all the kids clothes in one room.
Yep that is right. One room Just dressers and a closet full of Sunday wear and dresses.
All the boys in one room and Emma and Michael in another room. No one has dressers or baskets of clothes and I can tell you for a fact their room still isn't clean!!!!!
It is an improvement and their rooms just have blankets and pillows and the never allowed drink cups and food crumbs on the floor.
It does make life easier until I hear the dreaded.... "I have nothing to wear!"
We also made a few changes and since they no longer clean their room by throwing all the dirty clothes for me to wash out in the garage, they have certain days set aside for them to wash their own clothes. I have 3 laundry baskets with 2 kids names on each to share. Emma and Michael, Caleb and Sam, and Matt and Nate.
They are in charge of their own washing and drying of the clothes in said basket. I am in heaven.
I am still doing laundry from the big "super duper move furniture clean up the house" day.
The mountain was beyond control. Jeff took pity on me and got it under control. It was too overwhelming for me. Plus, he was already cleaning his precious garage.
I weed through the clothes as I fold them.
I LOVE THROWING THINGS AWAY!

I sorted 11 (13 gallon size) bags, 3 boxes, and 5 storage containers of clothes. I got it all down to 3 storage containers in Emma's closet and 4 storage containers in the boys closet, plus 2 small boxes. (mostly winter and Mikey, Emma, Caleb and Sam's hand me downs)
We got rid of 13 (13 gallon size) bags of clothes.
We are planning on getting even more organized and cleaning out my closet and room. (which will in turn help Jeff organize his garage.)
I know amazing.
Because of this I failed.
I forgot the pictures.
I didn't get everything back into it right place until a few days later.
Oh well.
I will do it soon and probably post the pictures on my private family blog.
If, I can get them to stand with each other I will try for a group shot, (it is never easy and never very fun) I will post the group shot here.
*deep sigh*
After a long conversation with my mom, we figured out that boys are not easier to raise then girls.
Yes, they might have less stuff, but they still cry like girls.

No comments: