Tuesday, August 30, 2011

a minute....or two

I only have a minute or two to type.
I have been very busy.
The boys are back in school, I watch a little girl 4 days a week, my sister Carrie is getting married in less than 2 weeks and my goal is to make Jeff very happy. (a little birdie suggested he wasn't happy)
Now to do all of this I have to be very organized.
I have changed my whole house around to do this.
To make more room for my stuff that is in JEFF's garage, to be moved into the house. (you know, cause it isn't my garage, I am just allowed to do laundry in it. Am I a little bitter about this statement? um...yes.)
To keep up with this organization I am constantly on the go.
Okay, so maybe not constantly. But I have the changed the rules around here in regards to the boys. I am not as laid back with them. They have walked all over me all summer.
No worries, I am still the relaxed, laid back kind of girl I always was, but I have laid down the law with the boys. Jeff wants me to make them do push ups if they break a rule.
Sorry honey, NOT happening. But they CAN NOT play outside with their friends, play video games, or watch TV if they break a rule.
And if these friends come to the door, the boys fully aware that they are grounded still ask if they can play, I yell really loud..." NO THEY CAN'T!!! They are grounded, tell them to stop being dorks and stop breaking rules in the house! Then they can play!"
Sometimes, it feels VERY good to say NO!
It seems to be working.
Mikey is almost two and VERY terrible which is making my life hard.
Emma is moody and girlie but, loves having another little girl here. She is learning to play with other people and learning to share.
By the way....
I have made Jeff very happy. (he told me so)
And once my sister Carrie gets married... I am hoping life gets back to where it should be.
I do LOVE the organized house I now live in. (Which I need to say, was my goal all along after I got back from girls camp and I still have to concur the linen closet and kitchen cabinets which hard to do with little ones all around)
okay, so that was more than 2 minutes, but if you only knew what was happening while I was typing...or what I now have to clean up......why do they have to be so loud and messy.
P.S. anyone know where my lens is? It fell out of my glasses yesterday and I can't find it anywhere.

No comments: