Sunday, March 7, 2010

They dont tell you that.

So... I know I wanna blog.
I wanna share the goings on and things in my life.
The weird things I will admit to.
(hense the blog called Confessions of a....)
I will admit I am not in love with my life. I will admit it is a pretty great one, but I am not truly in love with it.
There some aspects of my life that are harder than most... Motherhood being one of them....
It really is a 24/7 never, ever do you really get a break kind of a job.
They. they dont tell you things.
They dont tell you how hard boys are.
They don't tell you they LOVE to scare each other.
They don't tell you they CAN NOT help but touch each other in the car, even if they have to reach across 2 people to do it.
They don't tell you tooth paste spots on the mirror int he bathroom are from boys doing it on purpose.
They don't tell you they do not know how to whisper and be quiet.
They do not tell you they will insert the word poop or butt into every song they can even if you told them not too, and especially when you are not there.
They don't tell you they have an automatic spring action in there arms for throwing anything and everything up in the air.
They dont tell you they can not help themselves from breaking things because they were throwing things in the house.
They also don't tell you boys cry when they are 11.
They do.
It is the time of their life when the fall a lot or hurt a lot or are sensitive or don't know why they are upset...
It is that time of life where their bodies are just beginning the process of teenagehood.
No, they don't tell you what to expect.
So you feel like you have failed as a mother, and you have somehow made your son a whimp.
Then your 2nd born turns 11 and then it all makes sense.
I am shaking my head at just the thought of my 2nd born. He is a great kid in SO many ways and some.... not so much. I love him dearly and feel as if I might die without him. (tearing up at just the thought) (I also feel that way about all of my kids)
Now the fathers of theses 11 year olds do not remember ever being this way. (just ask their mother)
Fathers of 11 year olds want them to be tough and can be harder on them then usual. Fathers of 11 year olds do not understand what is really going on.
They don't tell you about 9 year olds either.
They don't warn you about what boys are really like.
They just say they are easier than girls.
(WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!)
No, my Sweet baby girl is not old enough to give me much grief, but.....
I guess it is different for everyone.
I just love that they dont share there wisdom.
And the "they" I am talking about is the millions of people out there who have experienced this and are not sharing their knowledge.
Boys are hard.
They are horribly cute at 3, wonderfully adorable at 5, and can be so very sweet at 8.... for me and my boys, they are rotten at 9 and 11....and pretty much every year after that.
Okay, so I am having a bad day....they are not horrible. I am just not enjoying motherhood today.
Mother of 5 boys.
....*deep sigh*
5 boys.
They just dont tell you.
So not fair.

4 comments:

Mary Child said...

Katie, you are so funny! I loved this post, because I am so not in love with my life right now either. It's for different reasons, but same complaint of MOM being a 24/7 never-get-a-break kind of job.

I AM TRASHED!

Too trashed to even try to post on my own blog. But I sure enjoyed reading yours today.

I'm right there with ya sister! :)

Danielle said...

i do not know if they are harder they are just COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than girls

oh just wait till your girl gets to the crying stage - that is no fun either

and yes dad's are harder on them when they cry which does not help the situation - i have a cryer

Dana said...

Boys are HARDER than girls! You can't get in a boy's head and figure out what the heck is going on in there, like a mom can with a girl! Hang in there, they are worth every agonizing moment!

Ruth said...

Girls are just as hard as boys... just a DIFFERENT "hard". Just wait!
Some girls, not all... develop a smart mouth, learn how to roll their eyes so much that you are convinced that they will get stuck that way and they are sure that you know absolutely NOTHING!
I was about 20yr old when I realized that my Mother had a brain! My daughter admitted recently that she thought I was the stupidest person God put on this Earth! She will also tell you that she doesn't feel that way anymore! At around age 11yr is when I started asking God, "What happened to my sweet little girl?!" I got her back at about age 18yr! I prayed a lot, seriously... A LOT!