Monday, August 23, 2010

Feeling Guilty

Guilty.
I have nothing new to say.
Okay, so I have nothing new to say that wouldnt bored you to death.
The boys have been in school for 11 days.
Yay ME!
I already hate homework and so do they.
I went to meet the very awesome Monica. (MY wonderful and Awesome friend from Susanville.)
Jeff and I, with the 2 little ones, met her in Modesto to go to lunch for her birthday. We went to Olive Garden. Our favorite place!!!!!!!
(her birthday was technically the next day but I could only go when Jeff was off)
We had a great time, and I, the ONE who never gets anything different, never tries anything new....tried something different.
I usually get the Alfredo with grilled chicken, but that day I got a Portobello sauce and linguine with chicken. It was sooooo good.(i don't like their red sauces)
So much FUN!
She gave us a box of gently used and much needed clothes that her son out grew. (thanks Monica)
We are just trying to get into the new routine of School and homework. I am not sure what I would do if they had a sport.
They need that, but at the same time, they need to spend most of their time on homework and reading.
Just a fact.
I guess that makes me a bad mom. ( I get grief about it from many)
Jeff's truck is breaking down, again.
Big surprise, since it is like a 100 years old. (only 25) but it just needs new everything.
I feel like I am soooooo tired.
Good thing is, I am too tired and too busy to be depressed. (No need for more meds, I guess.)
I am also having fun with my Aunt Kathie, who is more like a big sister than and Aunt.
She is so much fun to hang out with.
We have been covering notebooks, (see a few previous posts)
We also have been playing a card game called Hand and Foot. We have to convince 2 more people to join in, since it is a four player kind of game.
And we are getting ready to scrapbook and make hair clips... well I am.
I am obsessed.
I have also been so obsessed with having a clean house.
Weird, I know.
I can't sit still for long.
I need to have everyone constantly cleaning up their chores, which isn't good for them, because they stopped helping....they got tired of it....
The whole, mom thing has really gotten bad.
and I mean Mom thing, as in ME being their mom.
I think they forgot, unless they need something other then what they can get into without asking, that I am their Mom and I have authority.
They all think because it is there they are entitled to have it.
They WILL NOT listen if they have it in their mind they don't want to.
They made me cry yesterday.
I am cleaning my house for a visit from a dear friend, and I wanted just clothes put away. Their clothes.
They had no more room, I thought we just had to many clothes.
I was wrong.
They didn't want to pick up the blankets and towels and either removed them from their room or put them on their beds, so they decided to stuff it in their drawers. (which explains why they are broken)
BLANKETS AND TOWELS in thier drawers!!!!!!
I found wet and dirty jeans too.
I hit the roof. No one was safe from Mom's wrath. (Poor Emma and Mikey.)
I had to take the time to go through every drawer. And they did have too many clothes. (I have to get rid of more clothes)
I ended up calling my Mom. She is usually the voice of reason, when it gets that bad.
Unless you have 4 boys that are ages 14 to 7, then you will never understand completely.
She just said frankly..."boys don't like to clean. They DO NOT see the point"
And that is when I understood.
It clicked.
t made perfect sense.
I never saw it from their side of the brain.
I was almost instantly not furious.
I did also pray.
Mostly for forgiveness, but also for the fact that if they didn't get some divine intervention, they would not survive the rest of the day.
I have to find a way to teach them to clean and be responsible people, with out it being horrible.... you know what I mean.
Horrible for me.
Heh, heh, hee hee!
Jeff and I worked our fannies off this morning. (I should clean like that every day, it was a work out)
I am thinking of doing it 3 times a week.
There was nothing for the boys to do after school, but play.
See, my super awesome friend Reagan was here from Susanville. She stopped on her way to Fresno with her adorable kids.
We went to Mountain Mikes Pizza. (kinda embarrassed about that, it wasn't very good.)
And then we got back just in time for my kids to get out of school.
They played, we visited.
It really made me want to cry.
Just seeing her.
I miss my Susanville life.
I love my life here, but I miss that part of my life. I think it like when I got married. I missed my single life and the freedom's I had and the safety I had in living with my parents.
I miss the safety of that little town. the people there.
It was really fun.
She is hoping to come back on her way back to Susanville and we are gonna get our Crafty on and make hair bows and flower clips.
Not much is going on.
We are Fighting the homework battle 4 nights a week.
Matthew started Seminary at 6:05 am. Yuck! (like Sunday school/church for our youth in the AM before school...helps keep them grounded)
Boys are driving me crazy.
Michael is almost walking.
Emma is almost completely potty trained.
My house is almost organized. (not really, but i want it too be)
My husband is happy.
I am tired. (big surprise)
We are good.
I am feeling guilty for sticking you with the same post for over a week.
Sorry about that,.
Obviously, I am busy.

1 comment:

T.M. said...

check out flylady they help you take baby steps and help you declutter and get into routines so its not chaos when you are having guest arrive. Every week they have you focus on a zone in your house and do different things to get that area cleaned up. I do what I feel like on it! It free!