Saturday, August 14, 2010

Quite frankly....

I am so much to say and soooooooo little time.
I should be getting dressed this Saturday morning, but I have been trying to go as long as I can in my night gown. Because If I get dressed it means I have to get going.
I want to avoid the day and just sleep through it. Not depressed or anything just plain ol' tired.
In the last 2 weeks I have only gotten about 5 days of sleep.
I am living on 4 to 5 hours or less a night. (more less)
I know it is mostly my fault and is all for purely selfish reasons.
I like my peace and quiet.
Michael, that sweet baby that he is, took a nap at 8:30pm. He probably would have slept longer if it were not for a loud child that was over for a sleepover yelling down the hallway.
Mikey stayed up until 1am. I crawled into bed, after my late night shower, (it helps me relax) at 2 am.
My sister was bringing over a nephew for me to watch at 8am and that was after Jeff left for an over time shift at 5am.
For the last week...Mikey has been a good baby and is sleeping in his crib all night long. Now, if I got to bed at a decent hour I could get more sleep, giving more energy to do more things, making me happy that I get a lot of things done.
That would be normal.
Now I am not sure if you noticed, I am not your normal woman of these modern days. I hate to do things like everyone else.
I decided last week to make this journals. (i took pictures, posting them later) for my kids. It started out just one for the beach trip. I stole the idea from my awesome Aunt Kathie who made a "Bride" Journal for her soon to be daughter-in-law.
We have been several times to the beach with Jeff's parents, but for some reason I thought it would be nice to get our feelings of being with family and the time we spent together from everyone, not jsut me....and get it on paper.
I covered the book, which started a whole new trend . I had to make them for my kids. I knew they would write in their journals, mostly just drawing, but I love what they draw.
Then I decided to make little goodies bags they would get each day we were at the beach. (no I didn't take pictures...not every day) I decorated a bag for each day and I put something to eat like a rice crispy treat, some sunglasses, mini binoculars, and a note pad and pen.(that was the first day) they loved it and it kept them busy in the car as we traveled up to the beach.
So off tract..... but doing all this and getting organized for the beach, having my Awesome friend Monica here for a few days, and helping my aunt cover the journals she did for other family members..... I developed a pattern of staying up late.
So ........back to Mikey.....
(if sleeping from 1am to 8 am is sleeping all night.)
He went back to sleep until 10ish. so i did get a bit of sleeping in.
My sister texted and said no nephew.
So I am just tired. I have no energy to get going on anything.
I need to get going, but.....
we will see.
I am not quite ready to start my Saturday.
I am gonna try and post about our FABULOUS beach trip.
and post pictures.
Quite frankly....it may never happen.

1 comment:

The Petty Family said...

But it DID happen...so you're WAY better than me!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't want to get out of my PJ's on Saturday :)