Wednesday, February 3, 2010

#3 Medicine

Today my sweet baby boy, woke up at 6:45 am and began to scream.
He doesn't usually scream.
He cries and then once I have figured out the problem, he stops.
Not today.
We tried everything.
We thought it was colic, or teething.
He did rub his ears, but he does that a lot. Especially when he is tired.
He stopped for 30 minutes at around 7:30 and then again at 9:30.
He stopped as we drove to the doctors.
Screamed while in the waiting room, people in the were beginning to stare.
The nurses took us back into another room, we gave him some Tylenol.
We waited with screaming Michael.
He screamed until just about a minute before the doctor walked in.
He weighs almost 19lbs.
The doctor told me I had not given him enough Tylenol.
(I felt so bad about that, but I wasn't sure on his weight and I didn't wanna give him too much.)
As soon as I gave him the rest he needed he calmed down and for the first time today, he smiled at me.
The doctor checked him out and his ears and yes, a double ear infection.
Poor baby.
After getting the medicine at the pharmacy, he nursed in the car and off we went for some of Mom's medicine. (a Wendy's chocolate frosty)
He slept for a long time. Nursed a little more, meds and more sleep, and more meds and more sleeping.
I love medicine.
I really, really do.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

he is 19 lbs holly crap batman he is huge - i would have been afraid too glad you took him in