Thursday, February 18, 2010

#7 My boys!

I know it is after Valentines day and all, but I am gonna do this all month.

Of course I do love something more than others, I just didn't put them in order.
I do love my boys.
Yes, I complain about them..... a lot.
I was gonna upload some pictures my awesome Sister-in-law Karin took right after Christmas, but it won't load. (I will edit this blog post when I figure it out.)
I have learned a few things about boys in my life time.
They are weird.
They are funny.
They are gross.
They are loud.
They are smelly.
They are mean.
They are rude.
They are loud.
They are pigs.
They are obsessed over video games.
They are ...did I mention gross?
(Well, They are.)
I have seen more boy parts then I ever wanted to.
I have lived through more home wrestling matches then I ever wanted to.
I have had to listen to more hours of video games then I ever wanted to.
I have endured more giggling over farts at the dinner table then I ever wanted to.
I have endured more stench from boys thinking they are so funny with farting then I ever wanted to.
I have listened to more fighting than I ever wanted to.
I have listen to more boys crying like girls then I ever wanted to.
I have cleaned more dirty boys bedrooms then I ever wanted to
I have cleaned more dirty, gross, and down right disgusting boys bathrooms then I have ever wanted to.
I have bought more Lego's, band aids, and straws for arm pits fart songs, Light Sabers, footballs, bikes, basketballs, nerf gun, army guys, dinosaurs, and more boys stuff than I ever wanted to.
I have watched more hours of action packed boy/guy movies then I have ever wanted to.
I have scrubbed more brown bath tubs then I ever wanted to.
I have gone through more food than I EVER thought I would. (and I am not done)
Even though they are boys, they do not cry like boys.
Even though they are boys, they are scared of the dark and the boogie man. (and bats, thanks Uncle Keith)
Even though they are boys, they are picky about food.
Even though they are boys, they often act like a drama queen.
They do have good qualities.....
My boys....
they are kind to others. (mostly at school and church)
they are praised by teachers of how polite and good they are. (mostly at school and church)
they love music. (a good thing)
they love Emma. And Michael. (sometimes too much)
they are helpful. (when threatened..lol)
they still need hugs from Mom and Dad. (even Matthew)
they love to play outside. (thankfully)
they love to play together. (sometimes not)
they really do get upset if one of them turns into a drama queen and threatens to runaway. (crying and everything)
they are wonderful.
I have endured a lot with 4 boys already.
And I would do it all over again, as long as I get Matthew, Nathan, Caleb, Samuel, and Michael.
Michael is too young to really be a part of any of that. It will come, and I will be prepared.
I am grateful for my boys.
I truly do love them.
And I am grateful my Heaven Father chose me to be their mom. (still don't know why)
Boys aren't' that bad....no, really they aren't.
Just gross....that I can't lie about.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I can totally relate Katie! Just not on as grand a scale! I will say that I love my boy! He still kisses me when I leave from having lunch with him at school! Boys are cool... just gross while being so cute!