Monday, February 1, 2010

#2 Sleep

I love sleeping.
Sleeping is grand.
I thought I could live with out it.
I even thought I could be a great vampire someday.
But I need it. I count the hours until I get those precious few hours of it.
Yes, I only get a few.
But a relish every single minute.
I really hate Jeff's new schedule. He doesn't get home until 11pm.
We stay up until midnight or later (our time with out kids) and just as I drift off to my favorite place, Michael wakes up.
I then don't get back to sleep until 2am. Or later.
Then in the morning there is a war between Jeff and I to see who gets to sleep in. Because have the baby, I always win, but it isn't great sleep. Jeff tends to doze off on the couch while he is suppose to be watching children, and Emma usually ends up in my room, with me, not sleeping.
If you are one of the few out there who gets sleep and a lot of it, cherish it.
Do not take it for granted.
Now, I know in a few years, maybe months, I will be able to get more sleep, but right now it seems an eternity away.
The only good thing about my few precious hours of sleep are the dreams.
Yes, I have THE most bazaar dreams. I could right books. And Books.
(well, the author of the Twilight books started with a dream. What? It could happen.)
My dreams are crazy, never scary, just funny.
Jeff is almost ALWAYS the guy/love interest. That is probably a good thing, right?
Sleep.
I love sleep.
Sleep is good.

No comments: