Wednesday, February 10, 2010

#5 Cleaning (and all that goes with it)

Warning: I am going to bore you of you read on.....

I got the dumb idea to have Jeff's parents over for his birthday.
Well, they were invited to come over for lunch and then we could play cards (our favorite thing to do together) and then go to dinner at Hometown Buffet.
What I didn't think about when I first asked the week before was that Jeff would want the WHOLE HOUSE organized and cleaned. That includes the garage.
We are still in, this is a bigger house, but no instant storage space. (we were spoiled at the other 2 houses)
I still haven't figured out where to put everything.
We spent all Monday cleaning out the garage, moving stuff around. Jeff got some stuff up in the rafters. (yay!)
We decided all my holiday decorations and kids clothes would be on one side of the garage and all the camping stuff and tools would go on the other.
We still have an extra fridge and washer and dryer. (long story, I will probably tell you sometime... don't worry)
Lots of boxes to go through still. A few of boxes of books and no book shelf.
We got most of it done. Jeff was not embarrassed to have his Dad see it.
We didn't bother with the boys rooms, but Emma's room is so organized it only took Jeff 10 minutes to clean.
Bathrooms - gross! We waited until the boys went off to school and then cleaned them. It was worse than I thought.
My house was sooooooooo clean.
yes, was. I have 6 kids. It never stays clean.
But today since we are pretty much still organized (give it a few weeks) it only takes an hour to clean it all.
That is what I love about a good cleaning.
I wish it would last though.

No comments: