Wednesday, February 10, 2010

#6 Music

(I am making up for days missed.)

I LOVE music!
No, I don't think you understand.
I really love it. I need to have it on everyday.
It cheers me up.
I can't play it, and I can't sing it, (very well anyway) But I love to listen to it.
I think I would die if I lost my hearing.
Not to hear music would....... it makes me sad just to think about it.
I love all kinds too.
Except for Gangster rap and smooth Jazz. (too many swear words and so annoying, if I wanted whining I would listen to my kids)
Polka - yes (have to be in the mood though)
Opera - Yes
Country - Yes
Oldies - yes
Swing - yes
Rock - yes
Classic Rock - yes
Disco - heck yes!
Musicals - Do you really even have to ask?
50's, 60's, 70's, 80's (my favorite) 90's and this century too.
ANYTHING you can dance to.
I used to drive my mom crazy with having to have it on.
I lived at the Youth Dances every Saturday night.
I can't even express how much I love it.
It has rubbed off on my boys.
They all got MP3 Players for Christmas. I just spent hours on Monday finally getting some songs on each one, so they can listen and do their homework.
I have 4 boys dancing and singing around the house. Of course, not all of them are the same song. So it is pretty funny!
I tried to get a list of all my favorite music from my youth and from today's good tunes and put it on my blog. It is hard to find everything. Take a few minutes and take a listen.
Tell me your favorite song.
I like.....well......ya see..... oh this one...... I like them all.

2 comments:

The Petty Family said...

I was clicking through your playlist and found "I wouldn't normally do this.." by the Pet Shop Boys. I was immediately taken back 20 years!!! That song TOTALLY reminds me of you!! I can even envision the little dance moves you had to go with it :) Oh...I miss those times. I LOVE music too. My favorite these days is classical (which was not on your list)...maybe it has something to do with my present situation, but it really lifts my spirits and helps me feel peaceful during this not so peaceful time!

Katie said...

Like i said I like all music except gangster rap and smooth jazz. I just forgot to write it down.
Funny that song reminds me of you too! Can you believe it has been 20 years???!!!!!
I feel so old.