Monday, January 24, 2011

Determination

After writing, editing, re-reading, and posting my last blog post I am bound and determined to get Matthew motivated and read for grown-up adulthood.
I mean, it is my job after all.
My job as his mother.
It is easy for everyone else to already know that, but it takes me wallowing and stewing in what I consider 'misery' to see it.
So I did what any mother would do.
I bribed him.
I have seen him succeed.
I know he can do it.
He has no homework, thanks to the teachers at his school, and an IEP. (they decided that he can just do it in class)
So why is he failing.....he just wont do it.
I had many long talks with Matthew this weekend, and got down to the bottom of it.
He doesn't wanna.
So I bribed him with an PlayStation 3 and a game called Call of Duty.
He has until the 15th of February to pull up his grades and do his work in class.
yes, I am still taking him to be tested and maybe we can adjust or try out a new medication.
Things are looking better.
I think I forgot to mention... that.... I have PMS and it lasts for about a good eek.
Just ask Jeff.
It is usually the cause to all of my woes.

1 comment:

ruthgalloway said...

Love the pics of the kids! All the ones I have seen between here & FB! Your cousin is very talented! Wish we lived closer!!