Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

I almost don't want to share it.
I don't want this secret out.
I never got a chance to ask my cousin if I can put it on my blog.
My awesome cousin Felisha was home for Christmas and while she was here I got to taste her cookies.
OMG(ness)!!!!!!
I craved it days after and had to make them myself.
I have NEVER had a good experience with Chocolate Chip cookies.
I can make and bake all kinds of things, but Chocolate Chip cookies was not my forte.
This recipe is sooooo easy. and I almost have it memorized.
I have made it 3 times in 12 days. (I am learning to share and not eat them)
And I am lazy.
I have developed the perfect way to make 3 dozen Chocolate chip cookies in 20 minutes. (okay, so it is really 25....maybe 30.

Point is.... it is just smart.
I will show you with pictures.
But first the recipe:
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (doubled)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups unsalted butter (room temp)
2 tsp vanilla
2 egg (room temp)
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 package semi-sweet Chocolate Chips. (I love the mini chips the best, more chocolate in every bite)
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

*Add brown sugar, sugar and butter, vanilla and eggs into a large mixing bowl.
*Mix with your hands. (i used a hand mixer on low)
**Until just mixed.(It can be a little lumpy, DO NOT OVER MIX)
*Add Flour, baking soda, salt chocolate chips and walnuts.
*Mix with you hands or on low until well mixed. I repeat, do not over mix.
Now what I did was the lazy woman's way....
*I pulled out my cookies sheet, sprayed it with cooking spray, and pressed the cookie dough down into the pan evenly.
*I baked it at 350 for 17 to 18 minutes.
*I let it cool for 5 minutes or so, and while warm, I used a small 1 1/2 inch heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out cookies, placed them to cool on a cooling rack.
And I love it because there is no back and forth in to the kitchen to put and take out cookies in the oven.
You can also just cut like cookie bars, but I like the heart shapes.
I have made some similar for Christmas cutting out trees. I have even thought of melting chocolate and decorating the tree.
I might just to this same recipe for Valentines day treats for the boys to take to school.
I am gonna try pecans next and maybe some mini M&M's.

2 comments:

Felisha Coltrin said...

I don't keep good recipes a secret!! Cookies are for the sharing!! Glad you love them as much as i do!! Love you!

Danielle Schwab said...

mmm they look so good