Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Inspiration

I have been inspired.
I read 2 blogs today.
One I only read when she gets around to it (Ashley L)...
and one I try to read every day (Kasi)
Both awesome girls and I am glad to call them friend.
Ashley posted recently about her goals for this year, and It got me to thinking.
I need to do the same.
My list has to be small.
I don't always fulfill the long term, probably because of my memory issues and I forget. (seriously, I am not sure you guys fully understand my Forgetfulness is a huge issue and has been the cause of serious events and situations in my life. I have lost friends because of it)
So I am inspired.
I am gonna post a list of goals for January. and I will post it on the side of my blog. I will put a star buy it if I remember to get it done.

10 Goals for January
  1. Call the eye doctor and have this "floater" in my left eye checked out.
  2. Call the doctor to have my thyroid checked. (could be why I am so forgetful)
  3. Walk around the block 3 times (1 mile) 5 days a week
  4. Organize all the closets in this house.
  5. Call a friend every other day and talk on the phone. (I developed a phobia of the talking on the phone)
  6. Read scriptures with my boys 5 nights a week.
  7. Attempt and plan a Family Home Evening once a week. With a song.
  8. Memorize an Article of Faith with my kids
  9. Take more pictures, develop them and hang them on the wall in the hallway.
  10. Blog everyday. Especially the family blog with pictures and facts about each kid.
Okay, now that the goals have been set.
Yay.
I feel better already. Thanks Ashley

Now about my other friend Kasi.
I have never met her in person. We met on a Scrapbook network with other ladies swapping scrapbook items for pages. She is Fabulous!!!!
She is so talented and brilliant.
I doubt she has any idea of the inspiration she brings to me every time I read her blog.
When I grow up, I wanna be like Kasi Good.
She is a wonderful mother and wife.
She is an awesome writer.
I wish I could write as well she she does on her blog.
Someday I hope she writes a book.
Go check out her blog and see the talent she has not just for scrapbooking( not sure if she has much of the scrapbooking posted), but for making furniture. (I want that book self Kasi!!!!)
I read blogs all the time (I mean, when I get computer time). Some inspire me and she are just fun to read.
I will try very hard to get back into the swing of things.
Blog, call my friend that i miss like you wouldn't believe, walk, clean and love my hubby and kids.
Sounds easy right? Loving my hubby kids is the easiest part.

2 comments:

Kasi said...

Katie, you are so sweet!!! Thank you!! I love your blog too, but I lost the address to your private blog! Can you send it to me?

Katie said...

I will try and remember!