Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So sad, sweet thing.


My sweet friend Emily, here in this great little town I live in, has a beautiful baby girl Lily that is 6 months old.
On Sunday she was sent to the hospital and was found to have a grapefruit size tumor in her kidney. She is only six months old, how big could her kidney be at that age. Smaller than a grapefruit right?

She is now at UC Davis Medial Center in Davis, really close to Sacramento. They removed her kidney and is recovering. They plan to do chemo and radiation treatment. She has cancer. Did I mention she is only 6 months old?

this all has made me think and worry.
I thought about how fragile life really is.

And I worried about my sweet Emma even more.
I just hope and pray she will stay healthy.
That all my family will stay healthy.
Think good thoughts and say a few prayers.
She is one of the nicest girls I have ever met.

Here is a link with her story:
http://caringbridge.org/visit/lilliansmith

No comments: