Tuesday, January 1, 2008

So STINKIN' Cold... Oh yeah, Happy New Year.

Oh man, it is cold in this house!!!!! It says it is 70 but it is NOT! It feels more like 60.

We need pellets for our Pellet stove. That heats the front room and kitchen.
And I am thinking we need a new filter for the heater, because the house is just not getting warm.
The pellets and filter will have to wait until tomorrow because everything is closed today.
So the first day of 2008 we will freeze.
Yay.
Well the last days of 2007 were not the greatest for me, but I will never forget it.
All the boys were sick. I have a little annoying cough. Jeff we have yet to see him sick.

We did have the best Christmas ever.
The boys had a great time in Sacramento. We got to see all the cousins, on both sides.
I have to go back a week.

December 22nd - We left for Sacramento on . Jeff did not have to work overtime and we were out the door and on our way an hour later than we wanted. but we made it to Sacramento without having to stop for gas or potty breaks, or a feeding for Emma. She was an angel and slept the entire way.We hit Aunt Aimee's house first and visited and then off to Keith and Karins and by the time we had dinner it was 10:15pm.

Deecember 23rd
We got up early and got ready for church for Aunt Aimee's ward to see Jacob do his part in the Christmas program. He was so cute. He did an excellent job. Next over to Aunt Carrie's for a Christmas Present.Then back home to Grandma Susi's where we changed our clothes and off to Keith and Karin's to visit again.

December 24th - Christmas Eve was a whirl wind of events. We got up late and then cleaned up, shortly after, we packed up the gang on over to Aunt Aimees again, over to do some last minute shopping and then back to Grandma Susi's to get ready for Christmas eve with Jeff's parents. We met up with Keith and Karin and drove my parents car to the airport ,who were on thier way home from Forida, and dropped off their car. We had a terrific time. Eating and playing games and watching movies.We left to go back to Grandma Susi's to await Santa. Emma, my sweet baby girl, would'nt go to bed. We stayed up wrapping the last of the presents until 2am.

December 25th - We slept until 9am, thankfully and the Christmas Day frenzy started.It was a great day. Until jeff had to leave to come back to work.

December 26th - The next day was very low key. the boys just played. and I got to do nothin' but visit with my Aunt Kathie. It was great.

December 27th - The next few days were not very exciting. I got to go shopping for clothes for Emma, my favorite thing to do.

December 28th - Friday Jeff got to come back and the boys got to do a sleep over at Keith and Karins.

December 29th - We had Emma's pictures in her Christmas dress taken at Walmart. She was so cute. We spent more than we should have, but they were hard to resist. She was so cute. So pretty.
We had a Birthday Party for a nephew at my moms, talk about crazy! Jeff went to the movies with his brother to see "I am Legend" jeff says it would have scared me.

December 30th - Sunday, I started to get sick. I missed church. jeff went to the baby blessing of and old friend and we were suppose to pack.
The boys started getting sick, right after dinner. It was a long night.

December 31st - We over slept and didn't leave, mostly due to not packing the night before, until noon. Forgetting a few things and meeting my dad to get them, meeting Aunt Aimee for a few things, and finally after filling up the tank and a small lunch we were on our way home.
We hit Reno to get food and that didn't get up home until 7:15 at night!!!
We unloaded the van, well , jeff and the boys did, and go the boys who were sick, bathed and in bed, by 9pm, I went to the store to get last minute things that were forgotten in reno and and we were ready to ring in the new year by 10 pm.
Party time.
Not even close. Emma wouldn't stay asleep and shortly after midnight, nathna was up and barfing. Emma joined him 20 minutes later.

So the first few minutes of 2008 was great. But to say the begining of the year 2008 was good is really hard for me.
yes we were all together and jeff didn't have to work, but it just was not as exciting as it used to be. I guess that makes me a grown up?

I will never forget the last days of 2007.
And the first minutes of 2008 will last in my memory.
Maybe next year will be better.

No comments: