Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Better Safe Then Sorry

It has been known through town and the last 3 and half years we have lived here, that this small town hospital is not a place you want to go if you are sick.
Well really, it isn't that bad.
But I do know they are not equip to handle a preemie.
I have visited labor and delivery too many time in the last few weeks, I have been noticing alot of things...that they don't have.
At my last appointment, they found trace amounts of protein in my urine. They found some in my 24 hour urine sample too.
I know what this means.
Pre-Eclampsia.
Along with my high blood pressure.....and now protein...?
I had this with Matthew.
I know the signs and I know what too look for.
I also know it will not get better. There is no fix. No medicine to take. The only safe thing is delivery.
Matthew was 2 weeks and 5 days early. he still had complications and had trouble breathing.
being here and having all this....no, I am not going to take the chance.
The doctor here isn't taking it as serious..which makes me nervous.
Maybe the levels of protein are still low enough not to worry yet.
But if it does increase and my blood pressure does get worse, do I wanna take a chance and still be here.
Nope. We prayed about it last night.
I was back and forth all day until I went in for my Non-Stress Test.
The nurse was amazing. her name was Katie.
Jeff and I joked about how this summer was worse than 1997 (Jeff had 15 different jobs that year)...and then we explained why and what we were thinking would be best.
She agreed. She brought some things to mind and any worries or doubts I had, were cleared up with her answers.
I can't explain the peaceful feeling i had while talking to her.
So.....
We are moving.
The boys and Emma and I are moving down to Sacramento. I think we are leaving tomorrow around 5ish. Jeff will drive me down there and leave me there with the van. We will borrow my dad's 4-runner so Jeff can come down and visit.
We are hoping for the hardship transfer, but not planning on it. Jeff will come down when it is time for baby, and return a few weeks later.
The only thing I am having a hard time about, is Jeff not being here.
But we both agree the safety of this baby is most important.
We both know this is the right thing to do.
We have ALOT of things to do.
The plan is to take a load of stuff like we are visiting for a few weeks and Jeff will bring a load up each time he visits.
Labor day weekend, we (not me, bed rest remember) will come up with a truck or 2 and bring a large load back to my parents house.
I am worried about living with my Dad. He has less patience with the boys, I totally get it, but I worry.
I can't believe the crazy summer I have had.
I am not worried about the boys and school, the schools by my mom do not start until Sept 8th. They will be glad to have a few more days of vacation.
Wish me luck.
This is going to be a long few days.

1 comment:

The Petty Family said...

YEAH.....I guess you are busy!!! Are you moving to Sacramento permanently? I wish there was something I could do to help, but I know your family will take good care of you :)