Monday, August 10, 2009

Pain

Man oh man, it hurts.
My foot.
1/4 numb and 3/4 hurts like heck.
If I walk on it, it hurts.
If I don't walk on it, It hurts.
If anyone touches it, it hurts.
No, I did not break, it sprang, it or twist it.
I woke one morning and the pain shot up my leg.
It is a part of pregnancy. Of mine anyway.
Which makes this VERY LAST pregnancy for me, all the sweeter.
I never have to have pain in my stomach when I bed over.
I never have to have pain in my hips when I bend over.
I never have to have swollen ankles or hands.
I never have to have the pain going all the way down my leg from sitting too long.
I will never have to sleep sitting up, if I don't want to.
I never have to have a stuffy nose like this for 9 months, which makes me so nauseous that I can't sleep on my side and I have to sleep sitting up.
I will never have to be hungry and eat every time I wake up to go pee at night.
I will never have to wake up to go pee all night long.
I will never waddle again.
I will never have to see a doctor once a month.
I will never have to do all the other little things involved with being pregnant.
Down side....
I will never feel life move in my belly again. that is my favorite part.
I will never have to come up with a name.
I will never have that anticipation of what he/she would look like.
I will never feel that sweet new spirit so small in my arms, knowing he is a piece of Jeff and I.
This is my last time doing this.
Yes, someday we will have grandkids, but I am too young to ponder about that now. And I think it will be different.
I am sad.
It is bitter sweet.
Why is life so bitter sweet?
Good and bad.
Hard yet soft.
I know why.
It is for us to learn and grow.
Does it have to be so stinkin' painful to walk?
I don't know what to do about this pain in my foot.
I am a mom of 5 and a wife. I have things to do.
I can't just sit around and read the Twilight series again....all day.
Well, maybe I can until Thursday... that is when I see the doctor again.
Think less painful thoughts for me, unless you revel in me being in pain.
If you do, never mind.

No comments: