Saturday, August 1, 2009

Officially

We are officially out of that house.
The one on Arnold Street.
I am sure a few of our neighbors are very happy and relieved to see us gone. (especially the little old ladies)
No more bikes up and down the street. No more playing at the creek. No more boys in the way as cars come down the street.
Boys have selective hearing. So no matter how many times, I yelled, screamed, pleaded and cried for them to stay out of peoples yards and the street as cars would go by, they still did it.
We will miss our neighbors Tim and Brandy. They have the best kids. Nathan will miss playing with their little boy Tyler. I was too shy to really get up the nerve to get to know Brandy better. (I kick myself about that.)
We will miss our neighbor across the street Juan. He was always saying hello and giving the best big smile. Sammy will miss him the most. They had thing shooting each other thing.
He does have great taste in classic rock.
I will miss the Air Conditioning in that house, but not the electric bill.
I think Jeff, in time, will miss the small yard he had to keep up, which was almost impossible anyway with four boys and the fact that it started out half dead when we got there.
Nathan misses the backyard and the creek.
I will not miss the hardwood floors...well that is a plus and minus kind of thing. I miss the ease it was to keep clean, (which was hard and I actually did by the way), but then again I was sweeping about 10 times a day. And Mopping forever.
I will not miss the kitchen faucet that sprayed everywhere but where I wanted it too.
I will not miss the small garage. (Jeff will agree with me there)
I will not the really bumpy drive way.
I will not miss the only 3 bedrooms thing. The boys don't have to share now and bed time is a lot easier.
I will not miss how small the master bedroom or bathroom is. We put our bed up in this one, minus the bed frame (to high for my pregnant Jaba the hut body) and in this master bedroom the bed looks dinky. So much space. We will have plenty of room for baby boy Bigney when he gets here and all of his stuff. (no official name yet)
I will not miss not being able to use our fireplace. All that wood and we couldn't even use it.
I will not miss the pellet stove. Always afraid Emma was gonna burn herself.
I will not miss ....
I guess I ran out of the "I will not miss about that house."
I will... however miss the tiny shower...just because the one here, if you can believe it, is smaller and the door is broken.
I will miss the pantry space I had.
I will miss having both extra freezer and fridge in the same place. (one is in the laundry room here and the other in the garage)
I will miss the kids being closer so I could hear them at night. It gets so hot here and all the fans going, plus my room being clear on the other side of the house..... I check on them a lot during the night.
I will miss the water pressure and being able to get a load of wash done, baths done, and dishes done faster...and sometimes all at the same time.
I will miss the dryer. I miss my dryer.
I will miss being closer to town. I know, I know, it isn't very far...but if I forget something at the store... it just feels longer.
I will miss the security I felt when we left the kids at home. We were only minutes away.
I will miss the lack of bugs, frogs, and critters that are invited into my home now.
I miss being closer to my friends. Less than 4 minutes to each one.
I am so grateful for this house. There is so much space.
I was just telling a friend....bigger house = bigger mess.
The boys are so preoccupied with the critters and the large yard they are even messier here. (Yes, it is possible)
I am going to miss living in that house.
Thank you 950 Arnold Street!
You were our saftey from the storms, you were the home filled with laughter and joy for my family, you were the perfect size. You were the first home Emma ever knew.
You were the house we had our sweet Zoey in. (I really miss that dog)
I thank the one who helped us find you, 950 Arnold Street. We needed a place so badly back then. We needed help and didn't know where to go. I have never forgotten that. I will forever be grateful for your kindness and friendship.
Now for this house.
I wish our TV wasn't broken. I am afraid our "on" button got hit in just the right way when the men move it. I went to turn it on last week and it broke and went right into the TV. We figured out a way to make it work until.... that broke. We can not turn it off or on now. We just leave it on for now....until we can figure out what to do.
The heat is making me tired and sick. I need cool air.
The dryer is the first thing we fix. We need an electric dryer bad. After I pull the clothes from the washer, I have to go out into the unshaded heat and hang clothes. It is a pain and I am grateful I have even that. But I can't do it for much longer.
I have to get checked via ultrasound once a week.
There is too much amniotic fluid. They are worried. Not telling me why they are worried.
I have 9 weeks to go. And I feel way bigger than I should. I also feel like he will fall out any minute. His little feet are kicking me...well, WAY lower than he should be this early in this stage. It is scaring me.
Okay, done complaining.
I miss the old house, but love the new house.
I know I can endure the MANY quirks about this house until December.
I haven't figured out how many days that is....yet.
I just might though.

No comments: