Tuesday, May 11, 2010

For the Record

I have to say a few things.
Just to make sure it is said out loud. (and fully understood)

After I found out I was having a boy last May, I had the biggest temper tantrum ever. Yes, I am embarrassed I did it.
It was wrong to say it out loud, so publicly. (at the time, I thought my true friends would understand and most of them did)
The whole thing.... I was more upset over the dreams I had of having to girls and all the things involved with it...shattered......Sister Tea parties and all things girlie.
Lately I have had a few people remark "I am so glad you finally like having Michael"
Seriously?
I got over that a LONG time ago.
And for someone to think I still had issues of it doesn't really know me that well.
I absolutely adore that little boy. He is feisty, smart and funny. (He makes himself laugh)

So for the record.... I have never been more in love with having another boy.

One more for the record.... I have never thought of my self as a great mom.
I never will. I have self esteem issues. (if you haven't already noticed)
My kids are not perfect. ...have I ever thought so?
I love them.
I just try to get through the day, Go to bed and try again not to fail the next day.

For the record.....
Gossip is just bad. Never believe it unless you hear it straight from the horses mouth. Try not to believe the very worst in people. You might miss out on a life long friendship.
I try to give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt. Maybe too much.
And no I don't give a flying flip if you don't want to be my friend. Here, there or on Facebook.
My real friends, like me for me.
The good, the bad, and the really ugly.
No I am not perfect, I mess up a lot.

I feel like I have said this before........

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Amen, Katie. I love my mean, rotten boys and if I had the luxury of knowing if they were boys or girls, before they were born, I probably would have had a few "blue" (get it...blue/boy :)) days too if I knew that they were boys...again. They have grown up to be wonderful men, but sometimes they are still mean and rotten...but loveable boys. My daughters and daughters-in-law can attest to that.