Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Mother's Day

Well, how do I begin?
I made sure many days before Sunday that I had all the right ingredients for myMother's day breakfast in bed breakfast. My favorite sausage and Orange/Pineapple juice.
And then the best gift ever happend ... Jeff got over time.
Jeff got to work an extra shift from 10:30 pm Saturday night to 6:30 Sunday morning.
(One less thing to worry about next month.)
Matthew and Nathan coughed all night and Michael got a runny nose.
I couldn't sleep with out Jeff (weird, I know) so I was up all night too.
I figured church was not going to happen.

He crawled into bed for at least an hour of sleep before the boys woke up eager to make mom breakfast in bed.
The eggs they made looked yummy but tasted burnt, and the sausage looked black but tasted okay.
The Orange juice was perfect.
The flowers and homemade cards were wonderful.
Jeff getting back into bed and left me having to deal with the mess the boys made with breakfast, that part pretty much sucked.
Jeff slept until noon and then I had to drive him to work. (he left his lights on his ttruck and left him with a dead battery) So I sorta volunteered.....
It gave me a few minutes alone. That was a nice present.
I hung out with the boys watching movies and cat napped while Michael napped.
Dinner was Sloppy Joe's. (next weeks recipe)
It is what I wanted.
Boys to bed, more time alone in the car to get Jeff and another sleepless night with a sick Mikey.
Jeff told me because I didn't get my "queen for a day" on Mother's day, I could sleep in on Monday.
Mike had a 6 month check up, which we were an hour late for (only because I remembered it wrong) and so there was not sleeping in for me.
Nap? no, we had to clean up and cook dinner for the In-laws.
It was our gift, along with these very pretty Coral colored roses, for Mother's day to my mother in law.
We had a great time and a delicious dinner and dessert. (i made lemon bars from scratch)
I started to have back pain on Monday night, but hoped it would get better, I was just tired.
Tuesday morning rolled around and it did not go away. I did get to be lazy and I don't think I left the house.
Tuesday night was the worst. I went to bed hoping the pain in my back would get better, but it only got worse.
I could barely breathe. I could not take a deep breath or yawn. I felt like I was getting stabbed in the back every time I took a breath.
I took my very last vicodin left over from when I had Michael. I was saving it up for some serious pain. It helped relax me enough to get some sleep, but then the pain was so bad, we called the advice nurse at Kaiser. (our hospital)
I actually hoped they said, go to the ER, it hurt that bad.I hate going to the ER or doctor's for me.
As jeff was talkign to the guy, I was nursing Michael, and I fell asleep. I could not do that before.
Of course my body would decide to behave as we are on the phone with the advice nurse.
He told me to take some Tylenol ( i had been taking motrin) and to use an ice pack and find a comfortable spot. Try to rest.
I did. I don't think I slept that much in along time.
I think I was exhausted from the pain. I still don't know what it was, and I am still in pain, but not as much.
It still hurts to take a deep breath.
Like I can't fill my lungs with air. I can only go so far before it hurts. and my chest is starting to hurt and I cough almost everytime I take a breath.
I am going to bed early tonight, and gonna try and get more rest. I believe it is my only cure.
I was gonna but Mikey just fell asleep.....
Jeff was awesome. He helped me all night with Michael. He did all the lifting and even hung out on the couch while I slept.
I didn't ask for anything but flowers for mother's day.
Jeff did clean out my car and wash it too. (but the was more for him them me...lol)
He cleaned and cleaned on Tuesday.
He is such a great guy.
I look forward to spoiling him on father's day.
my mother's day was low key and nice.
I look forward to a nap next year.
My favorite part was Sammy's prideful smile after making sausage and and eggs.
And his shy smile after giving me coupons for "helping mom" and "hugs".
So cute.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like you have a rib out of place. My kids have had that happen to them. I always take them to the chiropractor. In a visit or two they are all better.