Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To move or not to move.

We have an opportunity to move into a bigger house. Rent is the same so that will not be an issue.
We know the landlord well, we know we won't have any problems getting things that break fixed, (unlike this house.)

SO I am listing the pros and cons of moving:
Pro:
more space
Less on utilities
Same ward.
Same school
has a rec room.
A bigger garage
smaller kitchen (less to clean)
bigger laundry room
a pantry
a fireplace we can actually use
pot belly stove in the rec room
swamp cooler
carpet (not great carpet, but carpet)
crappy back yard (which is perfect for boys)
Bigger master bath
my own scrap space in the rec room and not in Emma's room (which is a challenge when she needs a nap)
Less yard work
better landlord

Cons:
Boys couldn't ride their scooters or really play in the front yard
we would have to pack everything
we might be transferring any time
No central heating and air
Smaller rooms by a foot
smaller kitchen (not enough space and looks messy)
cleaning out this house

Okay, that is the list.
Any votes and what we should do.
We are still trying to find out if they will pay for the paint and we paint it.
and if they will clean the carpets.
we would like to move the swamp cooler from what would be Emma's room to the rec room.
If we can be on a month by month basis so if we get the offer to transfer we can transfer.

I am excited.
So cross your fingers....and toes... and eyes... and what ever you can cross for good luck.

4 comments:

Kaci said...

Tough choice...um...I would probably go with the move!! Good luck!

Amy said...

If you can get the landlord to do a month to month i'd probably go that way. Crossing my fingers for ya!

Danielle said...

girl month to month would work and then you would feel better in the time that you have to wait to get the transfer

Kasi said...

ooo tough one!! I have to say, having a landlord who will fix things has to be a plus, and the rec room sounds great!
But moving is a pain, believe me, I know :)

Oh, and feel free to link my post on your blog--I was so worried about posting it, and Kevin is totally embarrassed of me, but oh well :)