Thursday, July 30, 2009

SHOCKED!

So Jeff's day off yesterday started with having to get up early. Yuck!
Right before we left Jeff gets a phone message from Folsom asking if he was still interested in transferring.
DUHHHH!!!!!!!!
Heck yes.
But he didn't say that. They just left a message.
We went to clean the old house and run some errands.
He left another message.
Just as we were beginning to relax at home and clean up the mess that was made while we were gone...his phone rang.
See, as far as we know the "big man in charge" up here at this facility where my husband works has stated he will not let anyone transfer unless it is a hardship transfer (someone is sick or is extremely desperate and you have to have a really, really good reason) or you are promoting up.
Until December.
We did have either.
We put in his transfer request on the 1st of July. And found out that nothing until December would happen if anything did happen.
That is why we needed a month to month rental. We didn't want to be stuck if we finally did get the chance to move.
So... when the guy on the phone asked if Jeff was still interested and Jeff said yes, he gave us a date.
Jeff has to report on December 7th...of this year!!!!!!
WE ARE GOING HOME!
My biggest wish is coming true.
My mom was more shocked than I was.....you know, she said we would be coming home this year... She was right.... I hate it when she is right.
The whole thing is bitter sweet.
I have said that before, but now that it is real... it really hurts. I have so many people here I love like family.
It is hard to be sad about it.
All of these things just fell into place.
Just like when we moved here and Jeff got this job.
I want to cry.
I am so happy, but so sad.
We are not unpacking everything.
Just stuff we need, as if we were renting a house for the summer.
I had to share the news.
Jeff wanted to keep it between family and quiet until he got to tell his parents.
Now that they know and we have already accepted, I had to share.
So shocked.... I am just so shocked.
I was starting to believe I would never go home.
We will leave right after Thanksgiving.
We will be home for Christmas.
Shocked!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

do you want me to save boxes stilL?

Lively's said...

I am so excited for you! I know how much you wanted this. I hope we will get to see eachother down there!

Kaci said...

YAY!!! So exciting for you!!! Congrats!!!!!